Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Limerick road - what's it like icy - wise today, 27th Dec?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Has anyone travelled it? Would I be better off/safer to get the bus?
    Absolute last thing I want is to damage my car but if road isn't too bad then I'd prob be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

buzz55 wrote: »
    Has anyone travelled it? Would I be better off/safer to get the bus?
    Absolute last thing I want is to damage my car but if road isn't too bad then I'd prob be ok?

Drove up today at lunchtime. Road is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Thanks v much Hyperbullet, I made it down grand in the end, roads were perfect as you said. Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭brainy_neuron

Roads are very bad today though. AA roadwatch are saying that there's loads of ice around Limerick and Galway (secondary roads). Crusheen is bad also apparently. Was supposed to head back to Galway today (from Cork) but I'm not going to chance it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i came that way today, left limerick around 2.30
    no major problems, had to go slower than normal, and with more care obviously, but it wasnt as bad as i was expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've just driven from Galway to Tralee and the roads were grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement