Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is ice likely tomorrow (Mon)?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

I'm catching a train from Kent station at 09.30, and I'm aiming to set off on foot from beyond St.Lukes direction, then down O'Mahoneys Avenue and across. Of course, if it is icy, this route would be suicidal, on foot. So I'm trying to see what the ska is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Temperatures could drop as low as -5 to -7 again tonight so I'd say ice is pretty likely again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Sh!t.

I feel like I'm trapped on Everest or something.

I hope the buses are running tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Hey Flamed, if I were you I'd go down Summerhill - it's less steep than Mahoney's Avenue. Halfway down Summerhill there's a passageway leading to a footbridge, then some steps/stairs down to the Lower Glanmire Rd just across from Kent Station. It's been a long time since I used them, though, so they may be disused now for all I know...

You can see the footbridge here (maps.google.com)

Good Luck!

Edit: I vaguely recall that the passageway was called Belleview or Vista Terrace or somesuch, but am probably wrong. I said I'd throw it in here to confuse you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Just back from walking the dogs around my estate in Carrigaline and the paths/roads are frozen already. Looks like its going to be a heavy frost.

Lucky I'm off tomorrow.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

by choice ive decided to go for a hike up in the galtees tomorrow :) ...............if i can get there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

The frost came very sudden this evening here in Kerry. From 6 - 7.30, cars froze over and roads are icy as well. Lucky they were not too wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

cork1 wrote: »
    by choice ive decided to go for a hike up in the galtees tomorrow :) ...............if i can get there

Ooh, you're lucky and I'm jealous! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

The ice wasn't too bad this morning.

Advertisement