Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back from the Brink

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

had a game on friday so just went for a gentle jog to loosen out the legs - also did 100 press ups and 100 sit ups

started taking protein drink with 5g of creatine - horrible but necessary stuff

Did the 60 burpee challenge - only did it in 3 mins 55 seconds :( i dont know whether to try that again or move up to the 100.

Got my body fat tested today - im down to 16% - really gotta work hard now to get it into single figures :)

Im just going for a run now - im undecided whether I should do a light run or a heavy HITT session - il see how i feel when i get out :P

edit - did a 5km run at a fairly fast pace so hapy enough with that

Had a challenge match tonight - felt a little tired and the pitch was very heavy so i have sore legs. Need to hit the weights tomorrow as I have been neglecting them lately

Probably had the worst session of the year today.
    Did 60 Burpees in 4 minutes 22 seconds
    Squat 70kg x 6 x 1 (warm up)
    Bench 55kg x 6 x 1
    60kg x 6 x 1

this was just general warm up but i felt absolutely devastated tired so I just decided to call the session quits before i did myself an injury

there are numerous reasons for this - only 5 hours sleep last night, 4th hard training night in a row, not eating enough carbs, not drinking enough - i think its all just after catching up on me so I'm just going to rest today, get a good nights sleep and see how I feel tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

bubbleking wrote: »
    I'm just going to rest today, get a good nights sleep and see how I feel tomorrow

Good plan, sounds like you are worn out. By the way, why did you record the slower of your two tries at the burpee challenge? If you did it in 3.55 the other day then it still counts surely?

• Advertisement

beegirl wrote: »
    Good plan, sounds like you are worn out. By the way, why did you record the slower of your two tries at the burpee challenge? If you did it in 3.55 the other day then it still counts surely?

sorry fixed it now

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

sorry fixed it now

Don't be sorry I just thought you were selling yourself short or something :) I doubt I will even be able to 30 in that time lol :rolleyes:

beegirl wrote: »
    Don't be sorry I just thought you were selling yourself short or something :) I doubt I will even be able to 30 in that time lol :rolleyes:

dont worry about it - its all just a bit of fun and picking a target that will really push yourself - i was unable to move for about 5 minutes after both of those efforts :P hopefully wel get more people on board with future challenges so we can have a bit more motivation :)

Had a Great session tonight.

We were doing speed endurance at training which is pretty much just 50 50m sprints but they are spread out over the hour with a lot of ball work thrown in

I felt great tonight and it looks like taking a break yesterday did me the world of good - Im kind of sorry wasnt in the gym today because I think it was the kind of day I could have put up big numbers - Il go tomorrow and see how I get on.

I have also addressed my diet - more carbs and drinking more water ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Did the 60 burpee challenge

Hey was wondering have you tried any metcons? There's one with deadlifts an burpees that I got off Transform a while back, it's

5 deadlifts
    8 burpees
    400m run
    x5
    - trust me you'll definitely get that 'unable to move' feeling you mentioned from that!!!!!

Oh aye and well done on the weight loss by the way! :)

• Advertisement

G86 wrote: »
    Hey was wondering have you tried any metcons? There's one with deadlifts an burpees that I got off Transform a while back, it's

5 deadlifts
    8 burpees
    400m run
    x5

Oh aye and well done on the weight loss by the way! :)

sorry for sounding like a complete noob but what are metcons? :o

sorry for sounding like a complete noob but what are metcons? :o

They're basically timed workouts that really make you push yourself and are a mix of cardio and strengthconditioning - I'm sure there's a more scientific way to explain it but I don't have one! It's the intensity of each workout that differs it from regular training - by the end of it you should be flat on your back gasping for air, or you've not worked hard enough:D Check out www.crossfit.ie and you'll get the idea :)

There's LOADS you can try, just click on the Workout of the Day link on their page and you'll see a few. You can scale the weights to suit you too :) Just seems like something that might benefit you since you're trying to increase your cardio endurance for your sport as well as get stronger.

G86 wrote: »
    They're basically timed workouts that really make you push yourself and are a mix of cardio and strengthconditioning - I'm sure there's a more scientific way to explain it but I don't have one! It's the intensity of each workout that differs it from regular training - by the end of it you should be flat on your back gasping for air, or you've not worked hard enough:D Check out www.crossfit.ie and you'll get the idea :)

There's LOADS you can try, just click on the Workout of the Day link on their page and you'll see a few. You can scale the weights to suit you too :) Just seems like something that might benefit you since you're trying to increase your cardio endurance for your sport as well as get stronger.

wow cool thanks this is exactly the kind of thing i was looking for - I think (since im a GAA player) Il swap in these metcon workouts for my 5km runs that i do 2-3 times a week.

They seem to be great for working the anaerobic system which is what football is all about at the end of the day

wow cool thanks this is exactly the kind of thing i was looking for - I think (since im a GAA player) Il swap in these metcon workouts for my 5km runs that i do 2-3 times a week.

They seem to be great for working the anaerobic system which is what football is all about at the end of the day

You definitely should! I've a few in my log too you can rob if you go back a few pages. I love them, you really feel like you've worked out afterwards! Plus you can compare yourself to the workout times other people post and it motivates ya to get your ass in gear if your time is lousy;)

Had a Brilliant session this morning and have some new PB's :cool:

10 minute run on the thread mill to warm up

Lat pulldown
    75kg x 5 x 3

Deadlift
    80kg x 5 x 1
    100kg x 5 x 1
    120 x 5 x 1
    130 x 3 x 1
    140 x 1 x 1
    150 x 1 x 1......PB :D
    155 FAIL

Bench
    50kg x 5 x 1
    60kg x 5 x 2
    65kg x 3 x 1
    70kg x 1 x 1.....PB :D
    75kg FAIL

Squat
    60kg x 6 x 1
    80kg x 5 x 1
    90kg x 5 x 1
    100kg x 3 x 1....Back started to round due to fatigue so I had to cut the squats short.

Pull - ups
    7 x 2
    6 x 1

Very happy with todays sessions - I was determined going to the gym that I was going to put up big numbers today. Rest day tomorrow

i should be resting today but i couldnt sit at home and do nothing - so i just went for an easy 5km run. I notice im a bit stiff from yesterdays weights - particularly my lower back so Il need to get that rubbed out later

Ok so I went for another 5km run today - Im doing all running for the next 10 days (apart from GAA training) because im running a 5 mile road race on St. Patricks Day. I timed myself today and I did the 5km in 21.44 which is roughly 7 minutes per mile. My goal for Paddys day was sub 40 minutes so looks like im bang on to hit that.

first timed 10km run today - 45.58

im happy enough with the time but a little disappointed i didnt break 45 mins :P
    im starting to revise my goals for next wed - I think if I run a good race a sub 35 mins is on the cards but id still be happy with sub 40 to be honest.

had a GAA match today - feeling tired tonight so might take a day off training tomorrow

Took yesterday off caus i was wrecked

We were training in the gym tonight with the GAA team. Had a really tough spinning class and then I did the following

Pull ups
    2 x 7
    1 x 10

Deadlifts
    100kg x 8 x 1
    120kg x 5 x 1
    140kg x 3 x 1
    150kg x 1 x 1

Bench
    60kg x 5 x 2
    70kg x 3 x 1
    75kg FAIL = sickened it feels like 75 is becoming a mental block

Clean and Jerk
    40kg x 5 x 2
    50kg x 4 x 1

Im teaching myself the clean and jerk - i need to get a coach to check out my form because although I dont think its too bad I know I can make improvements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement