Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The End of Time Part 2 - Spoilers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

oooh that preview thingy is interesting, actual Time war stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, was that Wilf going "pew pew" in some kind of turret? Cool. Ok, I'm going to presume that this is not fluffy Gallifrey & that the Doctor is going to have to kill them all over again.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wait, was that Wilf going "pew pew" in some kind of turret? Cool. Ok, I'm going to presume that this is not fluffy Gallifrey & that the Doctor is going to have to kill them all over again.

For a second- just a second- in my head Wilf was in the millenium falcon when I saw that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For a second- just a second- in my head Wilf was in the millenium falcon when I saw that.
    I may have been the same :D I await the first YouTube mash-up to appear ...

LOL. I would love to see that done well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Going from the second clip, it looks like its based in the time line where the Time Lords Vs Darlek war is about to end (before Earth was born) and the Dr is about to do what ever he did to destroy both civilizations.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Going from the second clip, it looks like its based in the time line where the Time Lords Vs Darlek war is about to end (before Earth was born) and the Dr is about to do what ever he did to destroy both civilizations.

Seen it earlier on a blog site and that was my impression. Looks good.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

If that's the case though, I wonder if we'll see the Doctor doing whatever it is he does. I say this because from what we gathered in series 1, it was this act that caused the #8 - #9 (Ecclestone) regeneration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

If that's the case though, I wonder if we'll see the Doctor doing whatever it is he does. I say this because from what we gathered in series 1, it was this act that caused the #8 - #9 (Ecclestone) regeneration.

Oh lord I'm so confused already!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

There's a huge amount of knicker wetting going on all over the net at the moment with wild speculation that we may get a flashback of McGann's 8th Doctor during the time war

The fanboys are also speculating that we'll get to see the regeneration of 8th to 9th Doctor - The world loves a dreamer:)

• Advertisement

The Master wrote: »
    There's a huge amount of knicker wetting going on all over the net at the moment with wild speculation that we may get a flashback of McGann's 8th Doctor during the time war

The fanboys are also speculating that we'll get to see the regeneration of 8th to 9th Doctor - The world loves a dreamer:)
    It seems the fanboys are also speculating that Wilf might be a Time-Lord and that the mysterious woman in the TV is Romana.

Oh and RTD is doing his usual double-talk & half-truths:
    "You think you’re going to see a regeneration, but I can’t say you’re going to see anything for the reason you think you’re going to see."
    I have no idea what he means there

The Master wrote: »

LOL.

I'd be suprised if the mirror doesn't run with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Father Stone

That's one of the best trailers I've seen for Doctor Who, I hope this episode is as good as it looks.

Wasn't going to watch this because of, as River Song says, "spoilers"

But then again, I'm weak!! ;)

And bloody hell. Timothy Dalton is fantastic. And I thought his show in Hot Fuzz was something to rave about!!!

Wasn't going to watch this because of, as River Song says, "spoilers"

But then again, I'm weak!! ;)

And bloody hell. Timothy Dalton is fantastic. And I thought his show in Hot Fuzz was something to rave about!!!
    Problem is, since Hot Fuzz I can't picture him as anything else. I just keep imagining he's gonna face down the Doctor with a stanley knife, having taken a ginger as a hostage ;) Mind you, a swan saving the day is as good a resolution as anything RTD has done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Problem is, since Hot Fuzz I can't picture him as anything else.
    That's precisely what I've been thinking as well.

Still, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Mind you, a swan saving the day is as good a resolution as anything RTD has done :D

HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

The machine was said to heal whole planets.....Gallifrey may have been brought back as well by accident by the Master.

Possibly ?

spongeman wrote: »
    The machine was said to heal whole planets.....Gallifrey may have been brought back as well by accident by the Master.

Possibly ?

The science in that is actually not too far fetched for RTD to go for...

The science in that is actually not too far fetched for RTD to go for...

Or lack of science...

• Advertisement

Well one thing we can be sure of is that given the nature of the cliffhanger, there most certainly will be a giant reset button pressed come the end of Part 2...

Well one thing we can be sure of is that given the nature of the cliffhanger, there most certainly will be a giant reset button pressed come the end of Part 2...

I don't know. I sense a genesis ark with a bajillion time lords emerging.

I don't know. I sense a genesis ark with a bajillion time lords emerging.
    Oh sorry, I was talking about the fact Earth's population have turned into John Simm's master. It's fair to say that that particular polarity of the neutron flow will be reversed ;)

Oh sorry, I was talking about the fact Earth's population have turned into John Simm's master. It's fair to say that that particular polarity of the neutron flow will be reversed ;)

Oh, getcha. Was taking that as a given! :D No doubt the time lords will erase it as proof of their superiority or something.

It was all a DREAM!!!!!!!

Note: If these words are uttered my television will be ceremonially f*ck*d out the window...

Oh, getcha. Was taking that as a given! :D No doubt the time lords will erase it as proof of their superiority or something.
    I dunno; it has been said that RTD will "reboot" things to a point that allows Moffat a chance to start from scratch. Making the Doctor a renegade from a Time Lord race with an evil agenda would be a good start.

Note: If these words are uttered my television will be ceremonially f*ck*d out the window...

Surely even RTD won't go there.

I dunno; it has been said that RTD will "reboot" things to a point that allows Moffat a chance to start from scratch. Making the Doctor a renegade from a Time Lord race with an evil agenda would be a good start.

It would but for some reason I can't see it happening. RTD isn't known for his complete honesty in these things. Just wild guessing sure anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"Time Wars Episode IV: A New Doctor".

Hmm, I always thought series 3 sailed dangerously close to those waters. Although it wasn't technically all a dream, the resolution was to in effect reverse events so they never actually happened. Pretty much the same thing there, although I never chucked a TV out the window as a result, maybe a palm pilot (I'm just not that rock and roll ;))

• Advertisement

New clip; the official source on YouTube is country-locked, so here's another source (though it looks like the video was mirrored for some reason):

Advertisement