Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronics: Arduino Board

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seaders

it all depends really, do you have any programming experience already? as I said, I haven't delved into it hugely so, I haven't come across anything that didn't work yet, but it did take a little getting used to, but not worse than most other things. I think some of the other arduino-ers might be better to answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

seaders wrote: »
    it all depends really, do you have any programming experience already? as I said, I haven't delved into it hugely so, I haven't come across anything that didn't work yet, but it did take a little getting used to, but not worse than most other things. I think some of the other arduino-ers might be better to answer that.
    Ive only done a small amount on a pic about 6 months ago and i found it hard at the start but as i began to understand what each line was doing it felt like it was coming together, then we finished learning about it haha was a bit disapointing.

I really want to get into arduinio though and from what ive heard, the programming isnt to hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Feoras

Does anyone have an ATMega328 with the arduino bootloader installed (i.e. the main chip from an arduino) that I could buy or borrow for Sunday. I have ordered a replacement but it wont be here in time and I really need it for Sunday.

Pins 9, 10 and 11 on mine have decided to not talk anymore and I am using all the other pins so can't just swap out pins.

If you will loan it to me I will replace it with the brand new one I will be receiving next week. If you prefer to sell it to me, I will give you 10 euro. It cost me 9 euro for the replacement including shipping from the UK. Either way you wont be down anything.

Anyway, would really appreciate if someone can give me a dig out.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tdr

Contact the guys in TOG www.tog.ie , They should have one lying around

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Feoras

tdr wrote: »
    Contact the guys in TOG www.tog.ie , They should have one lying around

Thanks for that. I sent them an email but got no reply.
    I'm hoping one of them reads this thread.

Only 5 hours to go before its too late. I need it for 1 O'Clock for a 6 year old's birthday party.

• Advertisement

Feoras wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I sent them an email but got no reply.
    I'm hoping one of them reads this thread.

Only 5 hours to go before its too late. I need it for 1 O'Clock for a 6 year old's birthday party.

It a bit late now but , we do read it , as i am part of TOG but was away the weekend,
    What email did you sent it to?
    If you even want to do other arduino stuff drop by the space on Monday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

I know this thread is a bit old at this stage but, it might help someone

Farnell Ireland have Arduino Uno boards for €24

Here

I use this kit for any of the classes/workshops I run.

http://www.oomlout.co.uk/starter-kit-for-arduino-ardx-p-183.html

I find it best for beginners. Each part has a label. It comes with a little book for getting started. All the parts are in a nice box.
    It might cost a bit more than other starter kits but its worth it.

The two you have linked have lots more stuff in it than the one I have linked to.

But I think you are better off with this one. Save your money and when you have learned enough, you can go off and buy the parts you are going to use and not have parts you would never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Cool - thanks. This is mainly for fun anyway, Ill see how it goes with the one you linked to.

Wow thats much more expensive - I think I might go with a cheaper one with more stuff as there is bound to be documentation/help/info online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

I'm looking to get started with a basic arduino board. I'd like to programsome leds to start off with and am wondering which board to get? Farnell have a lot of different options... http://ie.farnell.com/arduino?isRedirect=true

Are all boards powered by usb? Do Farnell have led components and if so which do I need? Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just saw this thread now,

I've used Arduino boards for the last year with some projects, they're great bits of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

TiltedBrain, any suggestions with regard to my above post? Thanks.

You will want the UNO starting off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hi, sorry for the delay, The Arduino Uno would be a fine choice for any beginner type applications :

http://ie.farnell.com/arduino/a000066/eval-atmega328p-8bit-uno-rv3/dp/2075382

Once you get the board the software will have some example available, pretty sure there will be some LED type programs in there.

You'll need to look up the specific components you might need for an LED circuit but you can get everything on Farnell, I can post more information later if needed.

Knock yourself out with the LEDS, they're cheap as chips!

http://ie.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=2016+204192&Ntk=gensearch&Ntt=LED&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

There are lots of LED examples to get you started with.
    You will need to buy some LEDs and resistors

The main Arduino sites has lots of great stuff to get you started.

The link below should be your first program.
    http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Blink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

An irish band are giving out these things called "black Boxes" which are DIY noise box things to their fans. They have arduino stuff in them. The band is ten past seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

bogwalrus wrote: »
    An irish band are giving out these things called "black Boxes" which are DIY noise box things to their fans. They have arduino stuff in them. The band is ten past seven.

Really? Sounds a bit expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

shizz wrote: »
    Really? Sounds a bit expensive?

I cat find any pics or images but when i google i get that the physical copy was crowd funded so they had the cash already i suppose.

http://www.thegmanworld.com/2012/09/ten-past-seven-black-box-demo-and.html

ahh found info with interview and audio

http://curiousbroadcast.com/ray-wingnut-present-an-ciarog-eile-feat-deviant-and-naive-ted-cian-o-ciobhain/1167/

Advertisement