Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 10 Challenge - Start From The Bottom And Win It All

Options
  • 27-12-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

Another LLM challenge here, a bit like the famous dafuge one, but with a few differences.

*Start out with a club in the Blue Square South or Blue Square North
    *Start with automatic reputation and your nationality must be that of your own
    *You must win every winnable club trophy without changing username or starting a new game
    *Not all trophies have to be won with the same club, you can move to a bigger club if you get an offer (to simulate a realistic manager's career) and trophies can be won in any order. However, if you do go on and win the Champions League and European Super Cup, but have missed the Blue Square Premier along the way, you will have to go back there and win that before completing the challenge.
    *The checklist of trophies is as follows:

1)Blue Square South
    2)Blue Square North
    3)Blue Square Premier
    4)FA Trophy
    5)League 2
    6)League 1
    7)JP Trophy
    8)Championship
    9)League Cup
    10)FA Cup
    11)Europa League
    12)Premiership
    13)Community Shield
    14)Champions League
    15)European Super Cup
    16)World Club Championship

Correct me if I've missed any, I started mine a few weeks ago with Eastwood and am in season 3 in League 2 with Brentford now, will post a more detailed update, if people show an interest in this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'm in he middle of another challenge, win the PL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, English FA and League cup, Copa Del Rey, Copa Italia and DFB-Ligapokal, and the CL with a team from each nation, not exactly the hardest challenge but not the easiest either.

I'll start yours as soon as I;m done, looks like it could take a while.

Love the fact that you have to win both BS north and BS south too, makes it very, very hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'm in he middle of another challenge, win the PL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga, English FA and League cup, Copa Del Rey, Copa Italia and DFB-Ligapokal, and the CL with a team from each nation, not exactly the hardest challenge but not the easiest either.

I'll start yours as soon as I;m done, looks like it could take a while.

Love the fact that you have to win both BS north and BS south too, makes it very, very hard!

Definitely, its the kinda thing that should take at least 20 seasons unless you're Alex Ferguson or cheating, thats why I made sure to stick in that you can take job offers, because alot of people (myself included) find it hard to stick with one team for beyond 5 or 6 seasons, the chance to reinvigorate a struggling team a division or 2 ahead of you is one which tends to completely revive my interest whenever it wains.

DSB wrote: »
    the chance to reinvigorate a struggling team a division or 2 ahead of you is one which tends to completely revive my interest whenever it wains.

Yup, sometimes I'll also take a big team that has slipped down the divisions and try bring them back the the top, in one game I played a few months back (in 09 though) aston villa had slipepd to league 1, I was managing udinese in Serie A, on the road to my 4th top four finish but satill no luck cracking the juve/milan/inter strong hold and in a dog fight with lazio for the last cl spot and it was boring so, declared interest in the villa job and got them to the play offs and promotion, back in the pl 2 seasons later, job done, applied for the Villa Real job at the bottom of la liga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I started this today as Woking wish me luck :D

So anyway, just finished Season 4, so here is a summary of my seasons so far and what I've won.

As I said previously, started out with Eastwood in the Blue Square North. Tipped to finish around 7th or 8th, ended up winning the league with a game to spare, by 6 points from Gainsborough.

Went up to the Blue Square Premier with high hopes of dominating again, but in mid-January, I was in low-midtable, the Brentford job became available who had been relegated to League 2 the previous season and were in 17th place in January, I applied for it, and got the job immediately. Did well, and took them to 7th place that season, just one place outside the playoffs, having been in 6th going into the last day.

The following season I went on and won League 2 though, on the last day by 2 points over Burton Albion. Was all set to prepare for a season in League 1, when an offer from Crystal Palace came in to manage them for next season in the Championship. Foolishly took it, and stayed there for 7 months.

Again stayed til January, but my rep wasn't high enough to attract good players, I was still on regional, and was struggling, my job status was down as insecure, I applied for the Swansea job who were actually bottom of the league, but at least I felt they were at my level, Crystal Palace sacked me and I didn't get the Swansea job.

By the end of the month I'd gotten the Charlton job, who were struggling in League One, I didn't change much about their struggling ways, but I kept them clear from relegation, which brings me to where I am now, to another season in League One, hoping to win that aswell as the JP Trophy.

So my trophy cabinet at the mo is as follows:
    Blue Square North
    League 2

• Advertisement

Anyone interested or should I give up the updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Definitely!! Go ahead..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Keep the updates coming, son

Best of luck to anyone doing this but eh my save has crashed 5 seasons in and won't load so eh thats me out, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

DSB wrote: »
    Best of luck to anyone doing this but eh my save has crashed 5 seasons in and won't load so eh thats me out, ugh.
    Try the Andorra challenge :)

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Try the Andorra challenge :)

I've already gone onto the dafuge 1 sorry, maybe another time.

whats the andorra challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Try the Fandorra challenge :)

Fixed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Started this last night. Managing Stalybridge Celtic in BSN. Going to stick with them the whole way, I think.

Anyway, I've no transfer budget, but got in a few loans and a few frees. Hired another scout, and sent the pair of them scouting UK & Ireland. Upgraded my coach and assistant for slightly better ones. Arranged a number of big money friendlies against the likes of Colchester and Bretchin.

My bank balance is around 12k. When arranging the friendlies, it suggested I would earn around the same figure for each one - but this doesn't seem to be the case. Is this normal?

Playing a 4-4-2. 3 Games in at the moment, two wins and a draw. Going to be a long season!

Anyone have any tips for managing at this level?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Just got fm 10 and just wondering can you take control of the building of new stands and increaseing capacity of your stadium as you go through the leagues?

gugsy wrote: »
    Just got fm 10 and just wondering can you take control of the building of new stands and increaseing capacity of your stadium as you go through the leagues?
    Afraid not :( you can lobby the board for expansions though

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Afraid not :( you can lobby the board for expansions though

Petty cheers anyhow

gugsy wrote: »
    Petty cheers anyhow
    warning though - Ultimatums issued usually lead to a sacking!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

warning though - Ultimatums issued usually lead to a sacking!

Not usually, they ALWAYS lead to a sacking!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement