Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone see PJ Gallagher - Back in the Saddle.

• 27-12-2009 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Pretty good I thought. Good laugh, the mechanic called Big Guy was well chosen for the programme, good sense of humour but still could bring reality to it. PJ Gallagher was taking it too much as a laugh, but Big Man chilling poijnted out to pictures on the wall and said " This is serious sh!t, 2 of my best friends have been killed at this ".
    I thought PJ Gallagher's continually laughing a bit annoying - but maybe that's why others like his madcap humour. Still he has a bit of biking talent, despite wrecking two bikes, even William Dunlop was impressed with his riding. He still kept at it despite a broken collar bone - a lot more than I would do I can tell you.
    Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Missed it, gonna go watch it now though on rte.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

haha, that was pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

he crashed into one of me mates a year or two ago ha ha. Supposed to be alright on the bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Yea enjoyed it, saw him a few times up at track days but had no idea he was making a program until I saw the camera's on masters day. Fair play to him, even though he must of lost a bundle with all those wrecked bikes,I'm he sure he'll get a few bob back for the finished program. He's racing again next year I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

thought it was good aright.......like. Where did he finish in the last race - I was burping the baby at the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

didnt say where he finished...! did alright in qualifying though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I found his results on MyLaps.com. He qualified 5th with a 1'07"749. Finished 22nd in Race 1 (best lap 1'04"168), 22nd again in Race 2 (best lap 1'03"649) and 24th in Race 3 (best lap 1'04"464).

These are the 125cc GP & 250cc GP combined results (they race at the same time) so I don't know what position he finished in the 250cc GP only...

I thought the show was brilliant and it gave Irish Circuit Racing some much needed attention!

Looking forward to racing PJ next year (I believe he's doing the 701-1010cc Championship)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

was good, more like that and less s***e singing please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Really enjoyed that program. Gave a good insight to how hard it is to be a good bike racer. I take my hat off to you all.

would of been better seen someone who spent a few years doing it and who didnt have loads of money and joey dunlops mechanic to help them out. It was a grand show though he done good in all fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

seanybiker wrote: »
    would of been better seen someone who spent a few years doing it and who didnt have loads of money.........

Then it would have been on Setanta and no one, other than bikers, would have watched it. Certainly opened my eyes to the sport here in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I found his results on MyLaps.com. He qualified 5th with a 1'07"749. Finished 22nd in Race 1 (best lap 1'04"168), 22nd again in Race 2 (best lap 1'03"649) and 24th in Race 3 (best lap 1'04"464).

These are the 125cc GP & 250cc GP combined results (they race at the same time) so I don't know what position he finished in the 250cc GP only...

I thought the show was brilliant and it gave Irish Circuit Racing some much needed attention!

Looking forward to racing PJ next year (I believe he's doing the 701-1010cc Championship)!

Mmm, I thought the 250 2strokes were the fastest things around mondello, qualifying 5th with a 107 doesn't seem that fast* compared to the 55's and such the 600 and 1000's were doing.

*Disclaimer,hell of a lot faster than I'll ever manage though. Just get that in before someone else does:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

dubtom wrote: »
    Mmm, I thought the 250 2strokes were the fastest things around mondello, qualifying 5th with a 107 doesn't seem that fast* compared to the 55's and such the 600 and 1000's were doing.

*Disclaimer,hell of a lot faster than I'll ever manage though. Just get that in before someone else does:)

it was wet iirc from watching the program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

That was enjoyable to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

As stated above, it was wet so nobody was doing 55's...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I biked with PJ on the Whole Way round trip a few years ago. He was pretty skilled. At one point, myself, himself and another lad stopped for juice and got split up from the group not knowing the route. we took alot of back roads and he was well able for it. nice bloke too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Glad you all enjoyed, and yes, it did bring good attention to motorbiking in Ireland. Wouldn't it make a good reality series if they got a few well known amuteurs like PJ and had them training and racing over a period ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Seen it online there, it was ok. I thought PJ was trying a bit too hard to be funny. As the others have said good to see something about Irish motorsport on RTÉ.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Seen it online there, it was ok. I thought PJ was trying a bit too hard to be funny. As the others have said good to see something about Irish motorsport on RTÉ.

thought that meself, Dressing up as his ex girlfirend was really stupid. He shouldnt have putting that part in it. other than that it was alright. I wouldnt say it was great or anything but I probably would watch another episode if there is gonna be one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

it was funny to see him pushing the bike after he never checking it for petrol lol class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Great Show.

Met him a good few days down there during track days.

Great lad.

to all the wingeing critics . What have you done for irish motorcycling lately .

He is a credit to our sport and pass time. About time some one had the balls to do something like this. Shows just how challenging it really is.

Good job PJ. Love the way Gav greased those leathers onto ya LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Nah even on the short track the 1000s and 600s are quicker now. Alistair Seeley has the short track record at 52.something seconds, and the full track the record is still Johnny Rea's or Kiyonaris from when BSB was here. Think its 1'40 dead race lap, and 1'38 on qualifiers
    Good show though, enjoyed it!

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Love the way Gav greased those leathers onto ya LOL
    nearly pissed meself when I seen the little oompa loompa there. gavs a legend.

Advertisement