Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browsing on the Blackberry Storm 2

• 27-12-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hey

Trying to figure this one out for ages :mad:

I have a blackberry storm 2 on vodafone bill pay. I can browse the Internet fine on Wifi.

But the problem arises over 3g.

I cant get to any website except for the vodafone website. I contacted their data center and after ages, they said that the only way to browse the internet is through the vodafone portal. This means I cant use bookmarks etc and it kinda wastes the large screen.....

I have tried to enter in APN settings in options --> advanced options --> TCP

using isp.vodafone.ie with the authentication details of vodafone but it didn't appear to work.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Are you on the blackberry plan.
    You don't mention it.
    Afaik, without the plan, the phone works but you don't have the blackberry internet or email over the phone network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

By the looks of it you don't have bis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fluffy70

aktelmiele wrote: »
    Hey

Trying to figure this one out for ages :mad:

I have a blackberry storm 2 on vodafone bill pay. I can browse the Internet fine on Wifi.

But the problem arises over 3g.

I cant get to any website except for the vodafone website. I contacted their data center and after ages, they said that the only way to browse the internet is through the vodafone portal. This means I cant use bookmarks etc and it kinda wastes the large screen.....

I have tried to enter in APN settings in options --> advanced options --> TCP

using isp.vodafone.ie with the authentication details of vodafone but it didn't appear to work.

Any ideas??

Thanks
    Go the Vodafone section on this site and pm Vodafone Paul or Kelly.They`ll help you out with any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

try downloading oprea mini and then changing your APN settings. that is how I used to browse. - l was on prepay - your setup should allow you browse any internet site as you are paying for the blackberry services.

Advertisement