Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading a Dell Optiplex GX520

Options
  • 27-12-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I think I know the answer to my question but just to be sure. I was wondering if I could put a new motherboard, CPU etc in to the GX 520 case.

Am I correct in thinking that DELL motherboards and cases are customised to dell components, so I wont be able to get a motherboard that fits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Looks like it uses BTX boards,so your out of luck there.230W PSU is another propiatry unit by the looks of things.You could upgrade the RAM and the Hard drives,but that would probably be it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I picked up an Optiplex recently and investigated the very same thing. From my research I could only increase the ram to 2gig. If you have a look at the Support section of the Dell site, you can enter the Tag no. and get a list of the upgrade items still available for your model.

Advertisement