If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency conversion gone mad?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Daydreaming my way through boards.ie and came across a mention of richersounds.ie and thought I'l love a new bit of hi-fi. Visited "Richer Sounds Ireland" and found the NAD C445 tuner and my heart melted. £299.95 they wanted. richersounds.what? Anyway, what's that in real money, €325 or so? Ah, there's a currency chooser over there. Click. €449.95. :eek: <Snip>

Mod Comment;

This is a fair question, but your comment at the end of your post is not acceptable on this forum. Please read the stickey at the top of the forum entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING". If you choose to post on this forum again, please keep you comments civil. Your query has been answered below by Richersounds.

Ritz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Doesn't deserve a response, but certainly does deserve to be reported.

Mod Comment:

I've just seen the post above - if anyone wants to report such a post in future, please PM me - I spot them quicker than "Reported Post" notices.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

op, you only had to ask for the price and you would have gotten one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AnPoster

Those are/were the prices quoted on the website. I'd love to hear some explanation about the massive price differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭PLIIM

brightkane wrote: »
    op, you only had to ask for the price and you would have gotten one

If he didnt ask for a price would he have been charged the outrageous price quoted then?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

AnPoster wrote: »
    Daydreaming my way through boards.ie and came across a mention of richersounds.ie and thought I'l love a new bit of hi-fi. Visited "Richer Sounds Ireland" and found the NAD C445 tuner and my heart melted. £299.95 they wanted. richersounds.what? Anyway, what's that in real money, €325 or so? Ah, there's a currency chooser over there. Click. €449.95. :eek: WHAT THE F*** !!! Do they think us paddies are stupid or what?

It's not some underhand ploy, they just haven't updated the exchange rate on their website in ages. Their .com site has more stuff on it so it's usually better to check there. If you mail or phone they'll give you an accurate euro price for whatever you're after.

I've bought my hi-fi from them and it was a damn sight cheaper then anything I could have got down here. Cambridge azur 340A SE amp, 340C CD player and S30 speakers. It a great system and I'm well pleased with it.

Check the other threads and you'll see nothing but recommendations from happy customers.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

AnPoster wrote: »
    Daydreaming my way through boards.ie and came across a mention of richersounds.ie and thought I'l love a new bit of hi-fi. Visited "Richer Sounds Ireland" and found the NAD C445 tuner and my heart melted. £299.95 they wanted. richersounds.what? Anyway, what's that in real money, €325 or so? Ah, there's a currency chooser over there. Click. €449.95. :eek: WHAT THE F*** !!! Do they think us paddies are stupid or what?

An Poster,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - yep it's completely our fault - this is a finished line for us ages ago and we have not updated / deleted the product - as some of the other posters have already said - we offer daily updates on exchange rates on request and today's rate for example is .88.

We woud normally always advise Customers to purchase in sterling off the site - however again if anyone would like a spot éuro quote - just drop us a line or give us a bell and we will oblige - as other posters have said we always match the pricing on www.richersounds.com which is a much more comprehensive site.

Apologies again for the inconvenience and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

I'm closing this thread as the poster's question has been answered (with better grace than the manner in which the question was asked - no surprise there).

I'm amending the "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" Stickey to include a mention of the need to be civil and avoid any comment which could be regarded as abusive - to date I haven't needed to state what practically everyone who has visitied this forum since 3rd July 2008 took for granted - well, there's a first time for everything, unfortunately.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.