Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody here have a Lama V4 Rc heli ?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 5:14pm

Really need some help with my one. It was perfect until I crashed it a few times and now it just drifts to the left... ??? All the time making it unflyable, even when trying to hover, it just drifts completely sideways to the left until it topples over.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Bent rotor shaft ?

Not that I can see.

It's all straight.

A fin (which looks to be there for cosmetic purposes) on the back boom did fall off though, would that effect the weight distribution at all ?

Image here: esky-002516-big.jpg

See the back two fins on either side of the boom ? My right one fell off, would that contribute to the heli tilting to the left when hovering till it topples over ???

I'm obviously a total noob.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Weight distribution is very important. Tape the broken part back on for a test flight.

Coolwings do you sell parts for this particular model ? How much would you charge to check it out and get it back to as stable as it was before I crashed it a few times ?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

I douth very much the broken plastic fin is throwing it of balance.
    How bad does it drift to the left, have you tried trimming it with Cyclic trim again. You could also check over the whole head and flybar. positions blades as they would be in flight and then slowly turn them while checking the head as the blades turn. also look at the control rods comig from the servos, check to see if they are bent or broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Tiernan85

I have one of those helis too, it's great fun. The broken fin an the rear shouldn't make it drift like you say. If you had a bad crash it could really be a number of things. Take your blades off and spin the rotors up, it will be easier to spot if there is a bent shaft or head. Also check your swashplate to make sure it's still level. as mentioned try adjusting your trim to compensate for the drifting(but first try to level out your swashplate as best as possible)

Hey Tiernan,

I think it's a swashplate issue, my one is misplaced and not level at all however I'm having difficulty adjusting it. I think when I had a bad crash i may have misplaced the lower rotor hub as in it moved closer down than it should and part of the swashplate looks to be touching the front motor when it moves forward.

What do you think ? Here are a few pics...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LuZwL_Tme8s/SzgSviTH1VI/AAAAAAAABB0/dyImW7BZIsA/s912/Photo0058.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LuZwL_Tme8s/SzgSvRYHq-I/AAAAAAAABBw/_bncug3gF9I/s912/Photo0057.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LuZwL_Tme8s/SzgUYXY0XcI/AAAAAAAABCM/ssi8ORERHw0/s912/Photo0062.jpg

In case you're wondering I took the bloody ridiculous one piece orange canopy off !!!*

*Purely because I crashed it and it cracked but have a fibreglass one on the way.

Hey here's a guide to level your swashplate cause if that is the way it sits when your heli is powered on than it is WAY out of wack.

The guide is the first link on this page: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727689

I ask all my questions on that thread as there is alot of lama activity there and very knowledgable people. I'm fairly new to this heli myself. Here's mine at the moment, I didn't care much for the stock body either.
    SANY0025.jpg

as for the lower hub, it's held in basicly by two screws which screw into the outer shaft. If you take the blades off and unscrew it you can easily set it up again if it is in fact slid down. The link for the swashplate is for a blade cx2 but it's generaly the same concept. If you have any other questions just ask.

Advertisement