Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some opinions please

Options
  • 27-12-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

I suppose Im posting this to clear my own thoughts but Id appreciate others opinions.

I'm 28, male and not out. I've always considered myself bisexual but lately I'm questioning whether this is right. I want to come out to the people that are important in my life...family and friends but I hate labels. I never had a relationship with either gender and thats something that bothers me now. I've been with women (one night stands) over the years and hooked up with men on the QT as well which Ive also enjoyed.

Im not not sure. Im beginning to believe I am in fact gay. Ive no problem sleeping with women in terms of physically having sex with them and I enjoy that but in day to day living I dont find myself checking them out for instance whereas I would with guys and to be honest im not sure I could develop a meaningful and loving relationship with one. I suppose scoring women is the hetro pretence I keep up to others around me.

If I come out as gay I feel im limiting my chances of ever having a relationship with a woman (if I met the right one) and of couse having children.

Can anyone relate to all this? Can you be gay and still sleep with women?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Well I was out about a month ago and was cornered by someone who was explaining to me how they were gay but slept with women..and married men.
    I can't answer but I thought I should bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Op you don't have to be either. You can just be you. If you really need to pick a label then why not just say that you are bisexual but leaning more towards men at the moment and be happy to explore your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

First off, you don't HAVE to come out

But if you want to, just say you're not straight. So you're explaining your situation, but not setting anything in stone

Advertisement