Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally starting

Options
  • 27-12-2009 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

...tomorrow. :pac:

Right, been meaning to get around to this for a long time and it's ridiculous. Stats at the moment, male, 21, 6 foot 2, about 137kg, I'll measure it tomorrow. Very little gymwork behind me and it was a while back.
    Aims at the moment, by the end of January get 100kg squat and 80kg Bench. Want to get my weight to below 18 stone by the end of the year. Also it'd be nice if I could do something more than walking and not get out of breath. General aim though is to get strong and have a go at powerlifting before I'm 24. :)
    Got a vague idea of what I'll be doing in the gym, 3-4 days a week for the next 3 weeks while I'm off college and hopefully still 3 times a week when I'm back. I'll post up what I do each day and any tips would be much appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Weighed myself today, 143kg, ****ing disgusting. Anyway today:

5 x 2 minute blasts on the rower.
    Bench:
    2 x 5 x 20kg
    2 x 5 x 30kg
    1 x 5 x 40kg
    1 x 5 x 30kg.

Squat:
    5 x 5 x 20kg.

Bench was easy enough. Squats were sketchy. Did the first 2 sets on my own and the last 3 with the gym guy telling me what to do. Not much weight on them but must've been doing something right because it's hard to sit down gently. :pac:
    Not a big first day but good to get started.

Did sweet F.A. today, in too much pain after yesterday.

~15 minutes on the rower.
    3 x 5 x 8kg bicep curls.

Bench:
    2 x 5 x 20kg
    1 x 5 x 30kg
    2 x 5 x 20kg

Really hope I can do more tomorrow. Sitting down is still a massive struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

if you've never squatted before, it will take time to get used to the movement and you will get DOMS.
    dont let that put you off.
    stick with it.

are you going to start doing the deadlift as well?

if you've never squatted before, it will take time to get used to the movement and you will get DOMS.
    dont let that put you off.
    stick with it.

are you going to start doing the deadlift as well?
    I'm taking today off, legs are still in bits.
    Hoping to deadlift tomorrow yeah, when I can walk and sit down without falling I'll be back in the gym. :P

Back to the gym tomorrow, only really feel like I could do something with my legs today, despite it being 6 days since I squatted. Anyone got tips to get rid of the pain a bit quicker? Feel crap not doing more than I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

amacachi wrote: »
    Back to the gym tomorrow, only really feel like I could do something with my legs today, despite it being 6 days since I squatted. Anyone got tips to get rid of the pain a bit quicker? Feel crap not doing more than I am.

id say try to do some cardio on days off from the gym, or even just be as active as possible even if its walking to the shop / pub! DOMS are good btw! but dunno about 6 days like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

id say just get on an exercise bike for a while or go for a walk or jog.
    the DOMS wont go away but they wont be as bad

corkcomp wrote: »
    id say try to do some cardio on days off from the gym, or even just be as active as possible even if its walking to the shop / pub! DOMS are good btw! but dunno about 6 days like?

It was two really bad days and two more bad ones when my legs would just stop working without warning. :pac: The last two haven't been as bad.
    I'll hit the bike for a bit from now on anyway so. :)

Haven't done anythin in a while. Today:

5 mins on the bike

Squat:
    2x5x20kg
    2x5x30kg

Bench:
    2x5x20kg
    2x5x30kg

Did **** all today, squats were pushing it, stopped benching after a pain in my arm and then stopped altogether, feel ready to puke me ring up.

Advertisement