Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Taxis city centre

Options
  • 27-12-2009 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a number for a good price taxi service.

Me and a friend are getting the train up from Cork andwere hoping to geta taxi to Issacs Hostel((In Frenchmans lane off O'connel street and then too the 02.

Anyone know how much it would cost as well btw?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Take the Luas to Busaras and Isaac's is right in front of you. It also goes onwards to the o2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

AH alright thanks :D

But were going to be runnig late so we'd have to get a taxi to the 02...any idea how much that would cost?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depending on traffic (which is always mental when anything is on in the Point) and allowing for a stop at the hostel, could be 12-15 euro.
    The LUAS could work out quicker.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

luas will be quicker for sure.

Is there a luas out to the 02?

Because were arrivng around half 7 and the gig starts at 8 :rolleyes:

Would travel earlier but I have a LC revision course that day till 3:40 heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

Yeah the Luas goes to the O2 or the point as it used to be known.

If you're in a hurry get a joe maxi to the hostel from Heuston and then a Luas from Busaras to the gig.

No point getting a taxi to the O2 as you'll just be sitting in traffic

Is the Train station a good bit away from Busaras btw?I havent got a train to Dublin in years,In recent I've only traveled up there in either bus or Car

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Cork train comes in at Heuston - it's about 2 miles from Busaras, along the river.
    There is a LUAS station at Heuston that takes you all the way to the Point, allowing for a stop-off at your hostel which is about 70 metres from the Busaras LUAS stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

When is the concert? Isaacs is closed at the moment. There is a sign on the door referring people to Jacobs Inn.

Hey guys thansk for all the h:Delp.The gig was night was great.

Ended up using the Luas to get to both places and made it just in time

• Advertisement
Advertisement