Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robust mobile handset?

• 27-12-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has asked me for advice on what handset to buy. He is constantly breaking his. Two screens and and keyboard in the space of a month! He doesn't ned anything too elaborate or specific. He does use it as a radio and would like a camera if possible.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nokia 3720 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks Copacetic, I hadn't seen that phone before. Do you have any personal experience with it? I would like know about phones that people have used that aren't easy to damage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Samsung solid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

I'm very happy with it. Apart from being robust, it's a nice phone to use, and text on. Also, it's not a bl00dy slim metal thing that would slip out of your hand while texting...I have to say, I like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

what about one of those rubber fones you give dogs to chew on. lol

one of the nokia S40 range. their cheap, functional and pretty sturdy. i had a nokia 6610 and it survived a case of cola falling on it, dropped in a swimming pool. dropped on a road from chest height a few times. i just replaced the covers. some will only cost ya 40€ for camera/fm radio, etc, sim free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

JCB Tough

jcb-phone.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

I get leather cases for my mobiles off amazon. As well as clear plastic screen protectors to stop scratches.
    The screen protectors are invisble, bubbles free and don't affect my new Nokia 5800 touch screen. The leather cases are not 'cool' looking alright, but they save all those bangs and drops and being in your pockets with your keys and coins.

Did the same for an iPod classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Landrover phone wins hands down.

A thread on boards about it too if you want to search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd suggest the most expensive one he can find - he'll take good care of it then.

Advertisement