Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simultaneous net program problems on UPC

• 27-12-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

hey everyone, moved from esat to UPC last week, got the 10MB broadband and think it's fantastic. However, a lot of the time, if I'm using say sopcast to watch a match and trying to load webpages in firefox the pages won't load, saying there's no connection to the internet. If i turn off sopcast the problem goes. it also happens sometimes with útorrent, but not as bad. I'm connecting wirelessly to the Cisco router they provide and I'm running windows 7 on a dell vostro. Anyone ever encountered these problems on UPC before? apart from this i'm pretty pleased with the service. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had a similar problem with Bitcomet and surfing, it was one or the other but both at the same time was impossible, I switched to uTorrent and now I can download and surf at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SmellyJocks

I have the same problem when running either utorrent or Sopcast, its a pain in the ****. I think it has something to do with these applications consuming the available ports thus blocking your browser from accessing the web. Did you resolve this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Same problem here with uTorrent since the last update of the program. I'm using Win 7 Ultimate and Digiweb DSL

Advertisement