Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile hairdressers

• 27-12-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I am just wondering how many of you use a mobile or freelance hairdresser instead of going to a salon?
    I am a bit short of cash at the moment and am looking to get a full head of microlink extensions and am very tempted by the mobile hairdressers prices but I am afraid that I will get a botch job and I won't have as much comeback as I would with a salon.
    Do many of you use mobile hairdressers and how much money do you save?
    Also if anyone could PM me the details of a good mobile extensionist that does micro links that would be great :)

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Would also be interested in hearing from people who use mobile hairdressers and your opinions on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Magenta wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I am just wondering how many of you use a mobile or freelance hairdresser instead of going to a salon?
    I am a bit short of cash at the moment and am looking to get a full head of microlink extensions and am very tempted by the mobile hairdressers prices but I am afraid that I will get a botch job and I won't have as much comeback as I would with a salon.
    Also if anyone could PM me the details of a good mobile extensionist that does micro links that would be great :)

M

Magenta, my friend gets micro-ring extensions done by a girl who works from her own home (though she's not mobile) and she's definitely alot cheaper than getting them done in a salon. She's been going to her for about 6 months + she's always happy. The hairdresser is based in Navan..so if you're in Dublin + have a car you could try her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ive used mobile hairdressers and find them brilliant. The most recent was a couple of weeks ago and she charged my €25 for a cut and blow dry. Its brilliant becaused ye get to sit in your own house suppin vino and watchin the soaps all while gettin your hair done.

Its worth checking references though before you get one though as ye dont know who you're lettin into your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deelee

Magenta wrote: »
    Hello all,

M
    hi Magenta have u found a hairdresser yet??? check out the advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

Be sure to ask for and to check references...I tried a mobile stylist once upon a time and it was a disaster, she had a very good reputation at the time but I didn't bother to do the whole reference thing....big mistake :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deelee

Beonce wrote: »
    Be sure to ask for and to check references...I tried a mobile stylist once upon a time and it was a disaster, she had a very good reputation at the time but I didn't bother to do the whole reference thing....big mistake :-(

Hi Beonce how u doing. i am the hairdresser lol. its grand i understand were ur coming from. it is my add lol.ur right to be cautious. there is a lot of young girls either not qaulified or just crap lol. i would like to think after 20 yrs im not one of them. what happened to ur hair. was it ok or complete mess?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭redbug

Hi, I've been using mobile hairdressers for some time now and I echo
    anniehoo's comments. Last week I got full head of highlights and cut
    for 60 euro. The last time I got it done in a salon it was 150 euro.

The mobile hairdresser worked part time in a salon and had 7-8 years
    experience freelancing. I didn't have to leave the house, got just
    as good of job done for half the price :)

I've found her on a website www.callofbeauty.ie which has lots of
    mobile hairdressers and their prices listed.

Advertisement