Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tell me why???

Options
  • 27-12-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

hey im on Boards years, but if i post a thread I never get a notification email to tell me someone has replied etc.
    how do I change this? I cant find it in settings etc.
    Its just really annoying trying to remember where you posted something.

does anyone know?
    cheers Emma

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If you click on the User CP link then you'll get a list of your most recent active threads.

Otherwise hit the "Thread Tools" button at the top of your post and choose 'subscribe to this thread".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hey Emma

Ponster's correctly described the manual way to do it on a per-thread basis but if you want to do it automatically for everything from now on...

Open your User Options, (click the link or to find it yourself, in the menu at the top of the screen run your mouse over boards.ie -> User Settings -> Edit Options).

Under "Default Thread Subscription Mode", make a choice on how often you want email notification in the dropdown list of options (instantly, daily or weekly).

That's it, you're done. To change it back later if you so choose, select "no email notification" from the list above.

Moved to the Help Desk by the way - it's a help desk thread rather than site feedback:)

Advertisement