Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk-on roles?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

For my new years resolution (please refrain from the psychosis comments), I have decided I need to have walk-on roles in as many tv shows as possible. I need to reach a minimum of 3 by 2010.

Would anyone have any advice or pointers towards getting walk-in roles in general soaps/tv shows?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A noble new years resolution. I support this endeavour!

Somebody hook this man up with a contact for Ros na Rún!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Ros na Run always have walk-on parts. I heard they even pay you €50 for your trouble.

Are you talking about a speaking part or extra work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Are you talking about a speaking part or extra work?

Well the rules I've set out for myself are just to have my face appear clearly in any scene that's aired - be it wandering down the road or in the back of a pub etc. A speaking part would of course be much better.

Angel, cheers for the link! €89 is a bit of an investment though!

• Advertisement

Well worth it. I got about 7-8 days work from them. Keep on meaning to renew my membership fee though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Well worth it. I got about 7-8 days work from them. Keep on meaning to renew my membership fee though!

Were the roles paid/have any speaking parts etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I would pay €89 for a walk on role in Coronation Street just to give David Platt a good smacking, and then walk right off again. :)

Tellox wrote: »
    Were the roles paid/have any speaking parts etc?

All roles from movieextras.ie are paid. I had no speaking parts, just "Background Artist" :D I think it was something like 90 quid a day. Can't be sure tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bunnyfox7

I have to ask - as I've been a member on movie extras now since last year - I've only had 1 role, which was recently and didn't even do much on the day...

How the hell can you improve your profile to get more jobs???

• Advertisement
Advertisement