Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just on the Colt's thing tonight. Their fans wanted the win, Manning was taken out of the game too soon imo. This thing about needing a break is rubbish, the Colts will get a bye week so its not that necessary.

I think if they were not going to play their starters all game they should have announced it midweek and had some respect for those fans. I think they took the starters out far too early also, and why bother playing them at all if you are going to take them out in a tight game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tony Romo, welcome to the elite club known as Clutch Quarterbacks. Look around, get to know everybody, but dont unpack just yet - your membership will be up for review at the end of next month following your trial period ;)

In fairness he played very well tonight. I have to say though that the Redskins D must feel so sick, they have been great pretty much all year and to have a losing season has to be gut wrenching for those guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

eagle eye wrote: »
    In fairness he played very well tonight. I have to say though that the Redskins D must feel so sick, they have been great pretty much all year and to have a losing season has to be gut wrenching for those guys.

Haynesworth shooting his trap off didn't help.

Alby, nobody forced you to sign for all that money!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

can someone explain how the broncos are in 6th instead of the ravens. don't the ravens have a better head to head record? the tie-breaker is very confusing, so if someone could explain it to me please that'd be great thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

evil_seed wrote: »
    can someone explain how the broncos are in 6th instead of the ravens. don't the ravens have a better head to head record? the tie-breaker is very confusing, so if someone could explain it to me please that'd be great thanks.

I think this is done on wins against common opponents. And although the Ravens have beat the Broncos they are behind against common opponents. The ravens win their last game the broncos will go out of wildcard win or loss as the head to head will overturn the common opponents.

I could be wrong but I think that is how it is done right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I believe my Cowboys have taken a wildcard slot !

But what will be necessary to take the division, should they beat the Eagels next sunday ???

Het-Field wrote: »
    I believe my Cowboys have taken a wildcard slot !

But what will be necessary to take the division, should they beat the Eagels next sunday ???

Just a win as you have beaten them already. You beat the Eagles next Sunday you top the division. I think in this case it is as straight forward as working off head to head first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Just on the Colts and momentum again, last year the Colts were 3-4 after 7 games.They then won 9 straight plenty of momentum, and got dumped out in the playoffs straight away on Jan 3rd.

I've learned at this stage not to judge any NFL team until they get playing playoff football. That includes Colts, chargers, patriots, bengals even 'the outsiders' let's not forget like jets, steelers or Dallas.

I guess we have to trust in Polian too, he's been around a lot by this stage.

Fair enough Arthur, but the Colts must obviously feel they can guarantee success by benching their starters in the last two games. i mean absolutely stone-cold guarantee it.
    Because to throw away a chance at 16-0 for whatever reason is inexcusable, unless you bring home the Lombardi. that's my very strong opinion.
    What I think they've done, is taken a big steamy dump on guys like freeney and Manning, who deserve better than what they got last night. If Manning ends the season without a ring, I can see stormy weather up ahead for the Colts.

• Advertisement

I agree Davy, like even though 2007 ended up ultimately with the failure to win the Superbowl, I will always look back fondly on that season because we went unbeaten in the regular season.
    How many games has Manning missed over the years? Not very many, if any at all, from what I remember, its not like he has ever been injury prone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

How many games has Manning missed over the years? Not very many, if any at all, from what I remember, its not like he has ever been injury prone.

Your right he has never missed a start in 12 seasons. Peter King wrote about this today. He has dropped back to pass 1,132 times in the last 2 years and has been sacked only 24 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Absolutely delighted this move bit them in the ass. Manning had zero chance of getting injured - the jets hadn't laid a finger on him all night. It's such a big "F*** YOU" to everyone. They are too stubborn to even contemplate the notion that their poor post-season history has anything to do with them taking their foot off the peddle late in the season and this move was an overt defence of that attitude. I'd say there are a lot of Colts players that are pretty pissed at the coaching staff this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

I agree Davy, like even though 2007 ended up ultimately with the failure to win the Superbowl, I will always look back fondly on that season because we went unbeaten in the regular season.

Look undefeated regular season means NOTHING. You don't play all the other teams so in theory 3 or 4 teams could go undefeated in the regular season.
    You play the regular season to get to the playoffs and get home field advantage to make it easier to get to what matters the Superbowl.
    The 85 Bears can look back fondly on finishing 18-1 as they won the Superbowl.
    All I remember about 07 was Tyree catching the ball against his helmet and the Giants winning.

dougal wrote: »
    Look undefeated regular season means NOTHING. You don't play all the other teams so in theory 3 or 4 teams could go undefeated in the regular season.
    You play the regular season to get to the playoffs and get home field advantage to make it easier to get to what matters the Superbowl.
    All I remember about 07 was Tyree catching the ball against his helmet and the Giants winning.

Maybe to you it doesn't but as a Pats fan even though we didn't win the big prize I am proud of the Pats for nearly having a perfect season as I am sure Eagle eye is and other pats fans. My hat goes off to the Giants for stopping us when it mattered for the big prize. But sure we choked that year in the Bowl but it was still a season to be proud of. Any season with a winning record and sense of solid production in my eyes is a good season. A great season would be getting to the playoffs and winning the Championship game. A phenomenal season would be winning the Bowl of course. Each person has their own preference to what they think is great. If I was the Head Coach who got to the Bowl and choked after winning every game up to it, I wouldn't say it was a bad season, I would be disappointed but proud to be the coach of that team and proud of my team contrary to others expectations.

Absolutely delighted this move bit them in the ass.

it didn't bite them in the ass though - Caldwell and Polian are happy with home-field advantage. It bit the players, Colts fans, and fans of NFL in general, in the ass. It also bit the Steeler's, texans, etc etc in the ass.

The handful of people who made the decision, and the Jets, are the only ones not p!ssed off.
    dougal wrote: »

Dougal, would any other NFL team turn their back on that opportunity? Look at the Pats - could you imagine if they had rested Brady and Moss in '07? I can't. I just can't picture it. They had the heart and the balls for the challenge. No guts, no Glory. And last night, it pains me to say, the Colts were gutless.

And don't think Norv Turner and Bill Belichick won't have noticed that.

As for the '85 Bears ... you think that L has never once crossed their minds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Yeah as someone said above the pressure on the colts is immense now, maybe even more so then if they went 16-0. They absolutely better win the Superbowl or there will be a **** storm that I doubt any of people in power could in anyway predict (lol results based thinking)

From my brief reading of it, most colts fans are majorly pissed off.
    Bill Polian does a weekly radio show which today was cut 10 minutes early due to "technical reasons"

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/12/28/1222925/bill-polian-called-out-by-colts

Will be a fun January following the Colts.

cooker3 wrote: »
    From my brief reading of it, most colts fans are majorly pissed off.
    Bill Polian does a weekly radio show which today was cut 10 minutes early due to "technical reasons"

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/12/28/1222925/bill-polian-called-out-by-colts

Will be a fun January following the Colts.

So Polian didn't even have the nuts to back himself. As a fan, I'm very worried.

oooh Chicago 13-0 up on Minnesota in 2nd quarter.
    Minnesota are in trouble which as a packers fan delights me greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

oooh Chicago 13-0 up on Minnesota in 2nd quarter.
    Minnesota are in trouble which as a packers fan delights me greatly.

16-0 at half time.

And as a Eagles fan it delights me even more. :)

TD vikings.

Game on now.....

16-6... missed extra point, how costly will that be?

I think the next 23 minutes will be a very important time in the Vikings season

I think the next 23 minutes will be a very important time in the Vikings season

Great reply from the Bears, 3 and out there would have been a disaster.

Yeah great reply from the bears. This is by far the best they have played all season.
    Vikings are in real trouble.

Yeah great reply from the bears. This is by far the best they have played all season.
    Vikings are in real trouble.

Whats not helping the Vikes is all those dropped passes and their offense not being on the same page. It seems they have forgotten how to play football all of sudden. Peterson also obviously not listening in the huddle either.

• Advertisement

TD Vikings, 23-13 now
    This is set-up very nicely. I can see Cutler bottling this and hey it is Favre and the final quarter and you know what that means.

That is a pretty nasty looking hit on Knox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Stretcher out for Peanut :(.

Tommie Harris sightings all night. I hope he can carry this into next week and next season.

Big possession for the Bears now... need to eat the clock and put some points on the board.

3 and out and i would fear a Vikings win.

Favre at his best there.

Vikings must be favourites now.

• Advertisement

BIG return from my boy Manning.

TD!!!!

BENNETT!!

Special teams is killing the Vikings!

Manning is so powerfull.

Time for Favre to step up again.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Manning is so powerfull.

He's such an underrated returner, he doesn't get many TD's but when he does return kicks for us he always gives the offense great field position.

That Favre fella's handy enough :D

Feck ya Favre.

Lets go Manning...

davyjose wrote: »
    That Favre fella's handy enough :D

Who is this kid? Magic he is :D

C'mon Bears...

Win Toss.
    Manning return 60 yards.
    Kick it over.
    Go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Jeez this is some half.

Wish I had slept through the first and just watched this half.

Ah Brett

Seeing you do this in that jersey. Just wrong.

• Advertisement

If we don't win it on the opening possession we will lose.
    I need this, every bears fan needs this. We need to beat old man Favre one more time.
    Aromashadou, always likes this guy since pre season...of course Lovie waits till 3 weeks ago to give him a game.

Wow. Huge play.

Ah Brett

Seeing you do this in that jersey. Just wrong.

Yis should have kept him so ;)

...and they miss the FG. Vikes will take this now.

Damn Robbie....still love ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

WOW

That's just brilliant from the Bears D.

BIG 3rd down here.

Brownie baby...GATOR CHOP!!!

YES!

(feck I just woke the house up)

Archimedes wrote: »
    That's just brilliant from the Bears D.

Ask yourself why they didn't pressure like this for the 3rd and 4th QTR.

• Advertisement

Now that is the way to nail a returner.

Advertisement