Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.O.D (Day of darkness)

• 27-12-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Does anyone know if the D.O.D festival is back on this year? And is the big four tour coming to Ireland??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Nope, no more day of darkness as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 biglittlebill

Ahh crap. I looked it up ans its is supposedly starting again this summer. Iv never been tho. Is it any good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

It was a great festival, didn't draw the crowds sizes it needed to survive so they're isnt gonna be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

its a pity it died on its arse because it was a good thing to have, we have few festivals here for metal. the only time i see anything decent is at the bike rallies or occasionally in voodoo. was the winterfest in cork on or is the pub still flooded?

it's probably better crack to go to bigger festivals in places with better weather where you can put a tent up in peace. when i was down at D.O.D i came out of the piggery at one point and saw my tent floating across the car park ha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

steveone wrote: »
    was the winterfest in cork on or is the pub still flooded?

Yep it was on and, like DOD, it won't be on again because the turn out wasn't good enough. It's a pity. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Yep it was on and, like DOD, it won't be on again because the turn out wasn't good enough. It's a pity. :(

yep thats a good gig, I used to travel from dublin and stay in the ibis.
    I even got used to the chinese at the corner . they do a good chow mein, still anything tastes good when theres a gut full of cider ha:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

The organisers were considering it but looks unlikely in 2010:
    http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37947 (skip to the last page Goliath is one of the organisers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tommy666

em ive heard off a few people who help organise it that it might be back in 2010
    ballylinan middle of nowhere but yet it is somewhere ha
    id go if it was on in 2010 would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 biglittlebill

Cool. well thanks for the replies

Advertisement