Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Multimarathon 2010 & Kids Mobile Marathon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

3 stars (average)
    I really must actually sign up:o

Finally long run this evening, the full distance after work and then taper down to July 4 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

foleyalan wrote: »
    Anybody know what time race this starts at? :confused:

Are you going to do this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

2 star (poor)
    If im not working i will. Ill find out today. You interested??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

foleyalan wrote: »
    If im not working i will. Ill find out today. You interested??

No sure what i'm going, will be doing 12-13 miles that weekend anyway but don't know if i'll register for a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Patdusty2010

2 star (poor)
    What are the numbers like?

Can I pay the €30 on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭eoin ryan

Hi Pat,

Over 300
    you can pay on the day but its €32. Why? So the ppl who entered online are not disadvantaged. Great if you can bring the exact amount pls

3 stars (average)
    eoin ryan wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Over 300
    you can pay on the day but its €32. Why? So the ppl who entered online are not disadvantaged. Great if you can bring the exact amount pls

What about the 10 cent ????

Another example of rip off Ireland;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jacky08

4 stars (good)
    Signed up there - this will be my first Half Marathon with a view to assisting me on building up to my first marathon
    I'm running about 30mile a week - with my longest distance about 11 mile so I think the buzz on the day might carry me the extra few more to the finnishing line

Any tips in terms of the type of prep I need to undertake next week with regards eating, running schedule etc
    Thanks

yeah! you got me :o
    I can throw in a free pet Dollymount Jellyfish to make amends....:D
    Just remember a 'Jellyfish is not just for Summer - its for life.....' :pac:

• Advertisement

2 star (poor)
    Hi Pat,

Over 300

Thats great, thanks.

What was the slowest time last year do you know?

Also, what type of standard does this Half generally draw? Its my first Half Marathon so not sure what time I will get. I should run it in 100 minutes or so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What was the slowest time last year do you know?

I finished in just inside 2:18 last year and there was a fair few behind me. Not sure of the last-placed time.

3 stars (average)
    I finished in just inside 2:18 last year and there was a fair few behind me. Not sure of the last-placed time.

Thats roughly the time i'm aiming for......have you done much since and was it your 1st ???

results for last year are on page 2 of the thread

Thats roughly the time i'm aiming for......have you done much since and was it your 1st ???
    It was my first ever half, my longest run in training was only 10 miles because I had a minor niggling injury 2 weeks before the race. The heat last year was quite draining too.

I ran the race series half 3 months later and finished in 1:58, that was at the peak of training for DCM and I'd done an 18-miler the week before it.

Btw, I'm probably going to be doing this race but treating it as an LSR because a 13 mile LSR fits well into my marathon training plan, so give me a shout if you want some company :)

3 stars (average)
    It was my first ever half, my longest run in training was only 10 miles because I had a minor niggling injury 2 weeks before the race. The heat last year was quite draining too.

I ran the race series half 3 months later and finished in 1:58, that was at the peak of training for DCM and I'd done an 18-miler the week before it.

Btw, I'm probably going to be doing this race but treating it as an LSR because a 13 mile LSR fits well into my marathon training plan, so give me a shout if you want some company :)

no probs, i'll be the one on my knees in a puddle of sweat at the 12 mile marker:D

I'll make a decision after this about DCM.........i'm away for 2 weeks in sept so that won't be good training build up.

3 stars (average)
    Just registered.................:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Do we get our chips and t-shirts before the race or on Sunday morning?

A great big load of info will be on its way in a day or so to entrants...
    I'll post it hear as well.
    Running around like an eejet at the mo.... :(

Actually just seen the info bout registration up on the website! Don't know how I missed that;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

3 stars (average)
    A great big load of info will be on its way in a day or so to entrants...
    I'll post it hear as well.
    Running around like an eejet at the mo.... :(

How many entrants so far? Do many sign up on the day? How many are you expecting?Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Fifilefleure

3 stars (average)
    hi,

I guess i'm best placed to answer the first part of your question...
    Its out an back so in total its 4.4km on the hard sand. Its the same hard sand that the Business Houses run a race on

Hi all, I've signed up for the half marathon and as a complete newbie (have done one 10km so far this yar) went for a run on sand for the first time there recently and found it extremely difficult to run on it. It was soft sand which I know it will be hard on the day, but that wasn't too bad. However the worst part was the sand getting into my runners at the top and compacting around my toes - which made it extremely uncomfortable to run in. Any tips/ ideas to prevent this? Thanks, Jiggle

• Advertisement

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    How many entrants so far? Do many sign up on the day? How many are you expecting?Thanks

Hi Van.Bosch
    At first i thought you were doing an online survey with all the Q's... :D:D

We have 360 so far.
    I guess we could expect 30 - 50 to sign up on the day
    Overall numbers... I don't see more than 500 - based on a mad last min rush.
    (if we get this I'll dance a jig :p )

You take what dates you are given from the AAI - but the clash with Achill has hurt us. Bummer....

Jiggle wrote: »
    Hi all, I've signed up for the half marathon and as a complete newbie (have done one 10km so far this yar) went for a run on sand for the first time there recently and found it extremely difficult to run on it. It was soft sand which I know it will be hard on the day, but that wasn't too bad. However the worst part was the sand getting into my runners at the top and compacting around my toes - which made it extremely uncomfortable to run in. Any tips/ ideas to prevent this? Thanks, Jiggle

Hi Jiggle,

I run on sand in Wexford now and again and you never know what you'll get.... soft, hard, inbetween. And depending on this - more or less sand can get into your shoes. The sand in Dollymount is very consistent and hard at the right point. I will positon the signs at the sweet spot so you should get limited if any sand in your shoes.

Hope that helps mate

E

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

2 star (poor)
    to put this in context, last year I ran this with a friend who got sponsored to run it in a thong so was never gonna kill myself..............
    but between the heat and weather conditions coupled with the sand I ran this about 20mins slower than my normal half time! All in all a nice day out and well run by Eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jacky08

4 stars (good)
    Hi Van.Bosch

We have 360 so far.

You take what dates you are given from the AAI - but the clash with Achill has hurt us. Bummer....

Achill is too far away:) - looking forward to this now Eoin- went for big run yesterday - sore today, so need to strecth all week and maybe do a light run towards the end of this week

I would be greatful if someone could point me in the right direction or advise meon a sensible diet coming up to Sunday - this is my first Half Marathon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

3 stars (average)
    Hi Van.Bosch

We have 360 so far.

Hi Eoin,

Looking forward to this race in a BIG way. Kind of home turf and all that... I guess the sea will be well out on Dollymount on the day, as i dont fancy doing 2*2K swim for the mid section? Then over to the Yacht for a pint of Black... NICE....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Fifilefleure

3 stars (average)
    Hi Jiggle,

I run on sand in Wexford now and again and you never know what you'll get.... soft, hard, inbetween. And depending on this - more or less sand can get into your shoes. The sand in Dollymount is very consistent and hard at the right point. I will positon the signs at the sweet spot so you should get limited if any sand in your shoes.

Hope that helps mate

E

Thanks Eoin - fingers crossed :)

Hi All,
    Not long to go before the 2nd Clontarf Castle Hotel Irish Multimarathon Sunday 4th July.
    - The weather has been really good lately – remember to come hydrated -
    Couple of things AND changes to make you aware of on the day.
    **This letter over rides any info on the website** Suggest you print it off and bring with you.
    Registration is being moved from the start finish line to the West Wood Gym/ Club in Clontarf www.westwood.ie (it is about 500m down from the start finish area at the city side of the Dart station)
    Registration is open from 8.30am to 10.30am. (Note: walkers start event at 10.20am and runners 11am from Promenade)
    Please (please) note we are not allowed to park or leave cars in the Main West Wood car park through the big gates. I have been asked by the management to ensure this. They have a busy schedule of classes in the Gym that morning which will fill the main car park. If these people have to park elsewhere due to lack of space it won’t reflect well on us. Your co-operation is appreciated - thanks.
    For registration you don’t need to bring ID or the confirmation email just yourself.
    Relay teams – one person can collect all the gear. A separate mail will go to relay teams
    Race numbers will be on the wall in West Wood Club/gym on Sunday – pls find your number and then come to registration table.
    At registration you will receive a race number, timing chip, training top and 1 week voucher for the gym in West wood Club (more about that later).
    On the day registration – yeswe have. Pls tell your friends to bring €32 (exact money for handiness) €64 for relay teams of 2 or 3.
    Parking
    As mentioned pls don’t leave your car in the Main West wood car park. There are a few options in no particular order – everything is less than 500m from the start/ finish.
    Option 1 You can park and leave your car in the overflow West Wood Club/ gym car park directly beside the Dart station. Press the buzzer and say you are a participant of the half marathon.
    Option 2 The dart station (i don’t believe there is a Sunday charge)
    Option 3 The Alfie Byrne road at the start/ finish line (most popular last year)
    Option 4 The Promenade car park beside the start/ finish line
    Option 5 Take the Dart/ bus
    Dry Bag Drop
    Will be at the start finish line. But considering your transport is nearby and if you have valuables I’d recommend putting them in your car as we can’t accept responsibility for any lost or stolen items.
    Race Timings
    The race start is at the Wind monument (opposite the road to the Garda station) link here
    The Walkers will start at 10.20am Runners will start at 11am
    Kids race starts at 11.05am
    The Course
    The course is an out and back course.Pls obey the stewards and Gardai at all times they are there for your safety. Marshals are coming from Raheny Shamrocks AC and will receive a donation for their help. Thanks to them. There will be Gardai on bikes to help us too.
    There will be a race briefing b4 each race. I suggest you tune into this in case there are any last minute changes (i hope the megaphone works this year!!)
    There will be a timing mat at the start so your individual time starts when you cross the mat.
    Aid stations are located at km 6.2, km 10.1 and km 14.1
    Water will be in a mix of bottles and cups. Pls put the cups/ bottles in the bins provided near the aid stations.
    There will be a toilet at km 7.5 and 12.7 and toilets at start/finish
    There will be water and a banana at the finish. You will also get a medal at the finish. Yeah!
    The course will be accurately measured in Km’s
    Showers
    There are showers available in the West wood Club afterwards.
    How this works: You will receive a one week pass at registration.
    You must bring this with you after the race to get a shower.
    This activates your 1 week pass (if you live local and want to use it another time don’t go to West Wood Club for a shower – you can use it later ;-)
    Après Muffins Coffee and Tea in Clontarf Castle Hotel
    There are FREE tea/ coffees and Cuisine de France muffins back in Clontarf Castle Hotel in a laid on room for all competitors and family. It’s in the Viking Suite from 1.30pm to 3pm
    Prizes
    Prizes will be posted out to the winners. There is a prize pool valued at €1,500
    Every wanted to stay in a Castle.... ?? Clontarf Castle Hotel Special Room rate for competitors.
    A rate of EUR99 for Sunday night to include full Irish breakfast. This would be valid for single and double occupancy rooms and participants should refer to the Marathon when booking.
    Associated Charity
    Our associated charity is Crosscare. www.crosscare.ie Pls consider raising funds for them.
    Sponsors
    I would like to thank our sponsors for their help and support.
    <Mod snip- Sorry Eoin, you can't be naming sponsors here>
    Pls feel free to pass this onto your friends as we do have entry on the day. Thanks
    Look forward to welcoming you all to Clontarf
    Eoin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is it true that some amazing person may be offering free post race massages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

3 stars (average)
    In terms of quality of the field, whos running this Eoin? Is last years winner running?

Hi Tungusta,

I'm hopeless at picking out names (and remembering who is on their game) I have to admit so I honestly couldn't tell you.
    I don't see Simon on the list. However he did register late last year.

E

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the info Eoin. Looking forward to it! Just hope the weather behaves itself...free muffins after is a nice touch:D

2 star (poor)
    What was the winning time last year? Not that I will be competing as I have only been running four months and its my first half Marathon. Running the Berlin Marathon in September so I think this race will be good for me to do..Registering on the day as well so going to try and get down around 8.30-9am..

It was:
    16MSSimon Reede00:36:2200:38:0801:14:30Raheny Shamrocks2398MVEoin O'CONNELL 00:39:41 00:40:28 01:20:08Cork Triathlon Club3409MSConor O'DWYER 00:39:50 00:41:15 01:21:05

3 stars (average)
    ElectraX wrote: »
    Thanks for all the info Eoin. Looking forward to it! Just hope the weather behaves itself...free muffins after is a nice touch:D

I want it cold and wet, wet, wet..........:o

Can someone post up the forecast when its know pls for the whole day

3 stars (average)
    weather on my phone says high of 18 degrees, breezy, cloudy and showers.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

weather on my phone says high of 18 degrees, breezy, cloudy and showers.............

+1. According to www.yr.no Clontarf will have a temp range from 16 - 18 degrees (07:00 - 13:00) with a fresh west - south westerly breeze wih some rain expected.

Rain expected to clear in afternoon but still a fresh westerly breeze

Thanks
    Thats much more Irish so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Can someone post up the forecast when its know pls for the whole day

Looks like rain....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

1 star (terrible)
    Ill be registering on the morning with my mate ken. Would love to race but will have to just run due to 5 marathons in the last 10 weeks:-)

Will there be a KM marker for literally every Km or just every couple?Will there be any mile markers also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

3 stars (average)
    Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Ill be registering on the morning with my mate ken. Would love to race but will have to just run due to 5 marathons in the last 10 weeks:-)

Jesus, no wonder you finished the 1000 mile challange weeks ago...

ElectraX wrote: »
    Will there be a KM marker for literally every Km or just every couple?Will there be any mile markers also?

Markers for every Km - yes. Miles - no
    I measured it again yesterday with the measuring wheel and Polar to be sure to be sure

New Dublin Lord Mayor Cllr Gerry Breen will be setting ye on your way... Neat!

3 stars (average)
    So is everyone all ready to rock n roll ?????

• Advertisement

So is everyone all ready to rock n roll ?????

Nope, my race got sabotaged by a dog on Wednesday night :mad::( Much as I'd love to be doing it, I probably should listen to my doctor and skip it. Was planning to register on the day anyway, so I'm not out any money right now.

3 stars (average)
    Nope, my race got sabotaged by a dog on Wednesday night :mad::( Much as I'd love to be doing it, I probably should listen to my doctor and skip it. Was planning to register on the day anyway, so I'm not out any money right now.

Your the second person in a week i've heard of been biten by a dog on the forum !

Pity, well at least one less person to step over me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

2 star (poor)
    Im gonna give this a bash tomorrow. Might even sneak under 1.30 if i dont go off like a mad idiot like i usually do!!!:D looking forward to it.

2 star (poor)
    Does anyone know what km the water stops are? Is the water in bottles or plastic cups? Is there any fruit at any of the stops?

Why are all races on Sunday's?

3 stars (average)
    Does anyone know what km the water stops are? Is the water in bottles or plastic cups? Is there any fruit at any of the stops?

Why are all races on Sunday's?

Aid stations are located at km 6.2, km 10.1 and km 14.1
    Water will be in a mix of bottles and cups. Pls put the cups/ bottles in the bins provided near the aid stations.

( from the e mail sent out this week )

Sunday for ease of organisation with traffic etc ?????

• Advertisement
Advertisement