Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice grips for shoes

Options
  • 27-12-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does any of you know where one can buy ice/snow grips for shoes in Donegal or the northwest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry, I dont but Id be real interested in finding out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

donegalboy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Does any of you know where one can buy ice/snow grips for shoes in Donegal or the northwest?

My son has ordered these online for his father for Xmas. When they arrive, I'll let you know what they're like. He tried to find them in the shops but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

I think I seen crampons for sale in Wet 'n Wild Letterkenny last year, havn't been in there in a while though. Worth a call all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

buy some cheap golfing shows same difference no??? i wouldn't know mind you as the only golfing i do is on the Wii:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

buy some cheap golfing shows same difference no??? i wouldn't know mind you as the only golfing i do is on the Wii:p

hmmm.. I'm gonna buy Caddyshack, Tin Cup and Happy Gilmore ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 mhaise

For any of you golfers I find that if I use my old golf shoes which have spikes (remember them) and not the modern soft spikes I have no problem getting around in snow. They are especially good for hard packed slippery snow.
    Alternatively there are many available grips for putting on over shoes/boots I found some at this site www.blacktoe.co.uk/ice%20Grips/ice%20grips.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donegalboy

mhaise wrote: »
    For any of you golfers I find that if I use my old golf shoes which have spikes (remember them) and not the modern soft spikes I have no problem getting around in snow. They are especially good for hard packed slippery snow.
    Alternatively there are many available grips for putting on over shoes/boots I found some at this site www.blacktoe.co.uk/ice%20Grips/ice%20grips.htm

Hey I got them snowgrips off blacktoe.co.uk and they're gggrrrrrreat!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

donegalboy wrote: »
    Hey I got them snowgrips off blacktoe.co.uk and they're gggrrrrrreat!!:cool:

how did you find them, awaiting responce from them on availability and delevery to here, no reponce yet, mind me asking how long it took them to delever and charges

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

My son has ordered these online for his father for Xmas. When they arrive, I'll let you know what they're like. He tried to find them in the shops but no joy.

I don't know what happened to my original link for ice grips in my post above - now it has just ordinary men's shoes there :confused: Must have sold out, but we still haven't received the grips that were purchased :mad:
    As for the socks over shoes - this definitely works. Used to do this years ago when we had real winters (just like this one now). The best kind are the thick wooly men's ones. Who cares what you look like if you can stay on your feet ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Only seeing this thread now, wife ordered the following ice grip for shoes before Xmas and they landed yesterday.
    There called Yaktrax walker. She is not here at the moment so dont know what site she got them off. There a great job. You can just curl them up into your pocket finished with them. Here they are on the following site;
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=848788

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donegalboy

irish-stew wrote: »
    how did you find them, awaiting responce from them on availability and delevery to here, no reponce yet, mind me asking how long it took them to delever and charges

Ordered them last weekend and got them on Thursday.. were about €12 and three or four euro extra for postage and packaging..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

shiibata wrote: »
    Only seeing this thread now, wife ordered the following ice grip for shoes before Xmas and they landed yesterday.
    There called Yaktrax walker. She is not here at the moment so dont know what site she got them off. There a great job. You can just curl them up into your pocket finished with them. Here they are on the following site;

i just tried them they dont ship to Ireland

Bob Z wrote: »

This site http://www.yaktrax.co.uk/ posts to Ireland but they're out of stock. They look really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

That Dicks sporting Goods is a great store for Hunters the one in Orange County has a firing range out the back and you can try before you buy no joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Bob Z wrote: »

Have been since informed, she got them off the following site, 3 pair of them.

http://www.the-perfect-present.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Have been since informed, she got them off the following site, 3 pair of them.

http://www.the-perfect-present.com/

They dont seem to ship to Ireland either only places like australia canada and greenland and a few others

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

check out www.roofbox.co.uk I got a set of RUD's last year and they're excellent. I think they stock a variety of different types. Any mountainerring type store should have the slip on shoe spikes. Jackson sports in Belfast do free postage to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

'call of the wild' in sligo now have a few in (well they did ealier in the week), €32 from memory

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement