Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best driving route from cavan to dundalk

Options
  • 27-12-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

wanna drive from Cavan to Dundalk tomorrow.
    What is the best route - considering the horrid weather conditions?
    via shercock? (think thats coothill etc)
    via kells ardee?
    via navan - slane?

little bit dubious as I was in a really bad crash a few yrs ago..

thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

best route would be through kells me thinks. safest roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shannon81

well prob would be kells the n52 would hve more traffic on it

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

yeah take the n52 to ardee and then onto the m1. the kells to slane road is leathal in places at the moment. mind how you go, take her handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭sporina

hi folks thanks for your replies.
    so you reckon the kells ardee route? i know what roads is v bendy - never like it at the best of time - was gonna go to navan and over to slane and collon and then M1 - what you think? or is the kells - ardee road a better option? oh and is that the N52?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

sporina wrote: »
    hi folks thanks for your replies.
    so you reckon the kells ardee route? i know what roads is v bendy - never like it at the best of time - was gonna go to navan and over to slane and collon and then M1 - what you think? or is the kells - ardee road a better option? oh and is that the N52?

I reckon down to Kells and hang a left would be best, alright. Yes, the Kells to Ardee road is the N52. I used to avoid in as much as possible, and go to great lengths to avoid it, but in the last year or two I've had to use it alot and it'sactually not as bad as I used to think it was. Still, could be tricky enough in this weather, so take it easy.
    I still think it's a better option than Shercock Cootehill etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement