Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you connect your laptop with your xbox 360

• 27-12-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

i want to connect my laptop (a dell studio running windows 7 pro with media center) to my xbox 360 with an ethernet cable. i don't want to use xbox live or anything, just want to stream music and videos to the xbox. tried to connect already but the xbox won't even detect the laptop.

any suggestions would be helpful please.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 iSoap

I think the best solution for doing this is to use Windows Media Connect which can be downloaded here Then go to networks connections tab in the Xbox 360 dashboard and it should establish a a connection with your PC after confirming that Windows Media Connect is installed on your computer. I haven't done it myself in while but I can recall that it was a very straight foreword process - in that sense when you are trying to connect to your PC from your Xbox 360 you should be given instructions on the dashboard on how to go about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Look at the sticky at the top of the forum and it will tell you how

Advertisement