Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Grooming!

Options
  • 27-12-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I am taking my bernese mountain dog & My chow chow to Sulley's in,Cork) to be groomed tomorrow morning..Im just wondering if anyone has had their dogs done there...do they wash them? or just Brush them....Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I've never been there - but *generally* getting your dog groomed involves washing, trimming/cutting, drying, brushing, nail trimming, ear cleaning and anal gland clearing.
    Depending on what you request also, sometimes we get our dogs cut short, sometimes it's just a trim. Also depending on the age of the dog (i.e. if it's still got pup fur) some won't cut it until the adult coat has grown out and would just brush out the dead fur.

You probably should ask (if you're going to a new place) what exactly their grooming covers, because (to me) it should cover all of the above, and if you're paying a decent amount of money, you don't want them just brushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tara king

The Groomer I usually take them to charges 50/60euro & does most of the above you mentioned....But we are retired now & to be honest cant afford to pay this anymore,:mad: I always get the dogs done after xmas as their treat..but when I rang the shop today the groomer was'nt available & the assistant didnt know what she does...Now they are only charging 20euro per dog (I know you get what you pay for)if its only brushing I can do that myself..thats why I was asking if anyone else had used this service so they could tell me if the dogs gets washed as thats really what Im looking to have done more than anything.thanks for replying me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

That's weird that the assistant doesn't know what the place she works in does?
    Hopefully someone here has some experience with them, but I'd ring them again before you go down and find out what exactly they do. As you said even if it's only 20euro, if it's just a brush you can do that yourself for free.

LOL...yes Im thinking the same...I'll ring in the morning ..& keep you posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Niall1975

Hi Tara, why not take the dogs up to st johns college in Sawmill Street, to the students that are doing the grooming course?

I take my retriever there and the students and the groomer there by the name of Genny are lovely. They wash, cut and do the nails and ears etc...

I havent herad good things about sullys (thats all i will write)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

there have been a lot of negative things said about both the sully's groomers in town and blackpool, so id be careful using their groomers.

There was a thread here about the said pet shop but the name of the shop wasnt mentioned, ill try and find the link to it for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Sorry for late reply! I took the advice here & didnt go to Sullys;)thanks so much for the link...I have used St John's in the past & I have to agree they are excellent...snowed in at the moment so not moving..will give Jenny a ring after the snow thaws thanks so much!:D

Advertisement