Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Signal Imager

Options
  • 27-12-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm trying to find some software which would purely show an audio signal.
    I had adobe audition for a while which had a spectral display and a few other things of the sort but it was overall too bulky a program.
    I'd really prefer a reason 4 plug-in if anyone knows of one but anything, smaller than adobe,would be very much appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

do you mean a spectrum analyser or are you talking about a waveform?

Have you tried Audacity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jimjam91

I have audacity and have been trying to figure out how to use the spectral analyser, i'm really not sure what some of the figures it gives or settings it offers are... I was also hoping that there could be a way of having it display it updating as audio is played, I don't know if that's possible in audacity or, if it is, how to do it.
    I was originally looking for something which could show the waveform of a signal though. I would accept help on both of these though;)
    sorry, I thought I'd been more specific in the first question!

oh, i was also wondering if there was any way of showing way frequencies/ harmonics are contained in a note from the waveform or if they could be separated out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

post your question in the music production forum. You'll get your answers there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jimjam91

ok, thanks for the advice anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

We use Smaart in pro audio. Worth checking out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement