Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

OK, this question might have been asked before but when do we get the results for the semester one exams online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

According to term dates PDF: 5PM Friday 15th. Though they been known to release some results earlier in the day. .

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Friday 15th ? I thought it was Tuesday 19th ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Provisional results will be available on SIS Student Web NO LATER than 5.00pm on Tuesday, 19 January 2010.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

We got one of our maths results a couple of days after the exam which was a little unexpected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

WeeBushy wrote: »

I checked this link. Looks like it's changed to Wednesday 20th now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Yeah because the college was closed due to the snow they've pushed it back one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Where's everyone planning to get hammered on Wednesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

dyl10 wrote: »
    Where's everyone planning to get hammered on Wednesday?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055796142

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

If you go into sis today and registration its coming up for me as 30 credits have beeen earned, for some of my friends its saying 20 or 25 earned when they did 30... Does this mean I've passed all my modules and they've failed one or two or am I reading too much into this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Offside wrote: »
    If you go into sis today and registration its coming up for me as 30 credits have beeen earned, for some of my friends its saying 20 or 25 earned when they did 30... Does this mean I've passed all my modules and they've failed one or two or am I reading too much into this?

Yes. it means exactly that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Offside wrote: »

fair play to you. at least i can sleep knowing i've failed nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

TDOie wrote: »

Sweet, my pocket will not be hit by extortionate repeat fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

proper results at midnight?? PLEASE!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mine is saying 25 earned. I guess that means I just failed the one - which I expected to fail anyway. One repeat I can handle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

TDOie wrote: »

Is this actually true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Awesome, what a fun little backdoor, I only needed to pass anyway, and it seems I did.

Woop!

Mine is saying 25 earned. I guess that means I just failed the one - which I expected to fail anyway. One repeat I can handle. :D

Did you check your elective?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

muffinman wrote: »
    proper results at midnight?? PLEASE!
    Hopefully!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

RichTea wrote: »
    Did you check your elective?
    Yeah. 0 earned. That would be the one I failed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Very unlikely they will be up at midnight. SIS shuts down around midnight till 3am so they may be there when it returns. Regarding that credits earned thing its telling me that in a single semester I earned 85 credits and theres only 90 in the entire course. :)

Looks like I dont need to bother with this thesis so!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

This is what shows for me:

Stage One: Required 50 - Earned 25 - Required 09/10 - 50
    Stage One Elective: Required 10 - Earned 5 - Required 09/10 - 10

I am right in saying we only need to earn 30 from Semester One . . . so does that mean I have passed everything?

This is what shows for me:

Stage One: Required 50 -Earned 25 - Required 09/10 - 50
    Stage One Elective: Required 10 - Earned 5 - Required 09/10 - 10

I am right in saying we only need to earn 30 from Semester One . . . so does that mean I have passed everything?

That's what it's like on mine as well. I now have doubts on whether this is accurate but I hope it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

mine are just saying that they are being processes... load of crap

muboop1 wrote: »
    mine are just saying that they are being processes... load of crap
    You need to look in module registration. The sidebar that lists how many modules/credits you are registered to. Not exam results.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

no sign :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

No results up yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Very unlikely they will be up at midnight. SIS shuts down around midnight till 3am so they may be there when it returns. Regarding that credits earned thing its telling me that in a single semester I earned 85 credits and theres only 90 in the entire course. :)

They were up at midnight last year. No such luck this year though, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If this little trick is correct looks like I've failed two.

Which isn't actually too bad as one of them basically everyone in the class knew we were going to fail but I'm 99% sure I've done enough to pass by compensation.

And the other one my car broke down on the way to the exam so I knew I was going to fail it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Earned five for the elective and 20 for the core subjects. This means I failed maths, because I didn't go to that exam (due to illness). Now I'm hoping for the free maths repeat, yay :D

Advertisement