Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Probably a ridiculous question but these are overall grades for the modules right? i.e including assignments i havent received the mark for yet or just exam results?

Edit: Apologies, didnt know you could go in and get the individual grades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Two P(R)s, aww yeah. I get to do final year next year, woopwoop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wilk1

C+, D, B-, C+, E, E

I guess I can't take either of the modules by compensation as I am exchange, so I essentially failed 2 huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

A, A-, B, C+, C-, E

I knew i had failed one of the exams as i was taking it. Very happy with the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

A, A+, A+, A+, A+, B

Couldn't believe it when I first saw it, I lucked out in every exam but one. I now definitely know that decision to switch courses two years ago was the right one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

pljudge321 wrote: »
    A, A+, A+, A+, A+, B

Couldn't believe it when I first saw it, I lucked out in every exam but one. I now definitely know that decision to switch courses two years ago was the right one.
    Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

pljudge321 wrote: »
    A, A+, A+, A+, A+, B

Well done indeed! As for me, I had my best semester to date. Out of four modules I got a B-, B, B+ and an A-.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I got

B, B, C+, C-, E and E.

Can i compensate at least one of these E's?

I got a gpa of 2.62 so its not the worst?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Well done indeed! As for me, I had my best semester to date. Out of four modules I got a B-, B, B+ and an A-.

*high-five*

I may be wrong but in order to pass the level by compensation you can only afford one E in both semesters. As I said, I could be well off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A- B+ B+ B B- B-

Happy enough with that, back on track for a 2.1 after last years shocker!

pithater1 wrote: »
    A- B+ B+ B B- B-

Happy enough with that, back on track for a 2.1 after last years shocker!

:eek:

Happy enough? I'd be over the bleedng moon with that! ;)

*high-five*

Just saw your post in the previous page Kirby, well done to you too. Being in the high 3's for your GPA is quite a feeling! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

B, B-, C, C, C, D. :D
    i'm happy

But after looking at my GPA, i can't possibaly get a 1st honours degree this year even though it's only first year

And also After looking at my result for my French exam I've come to the conclusion that I failed at least one part of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

B, B+,B-,B,C+,C

Pulled those out of my ass. This semester I promise to work for longer than the 2 weeks coming up to exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    B, B-, C, C, C, D. :D
    i'm happy

But after looking at my GPA, i can't possibaly get a 1st honours degree this year even though it's only first year

And also After looking at my result for my French exam I've come to the conclusion that I failed at least one part of it

To the left of the course title where ya see the exam results, it has a 5 digit code link. Click that and you can see the breakdown of your result.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

A+, A-, B+, B, B, C

Not happy with the 2 B's, not floored by the C but still not happy

will any of these potentially change between now and Feb 12th?, and in your experience is it worth objecting and having your paper looked at again?.

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Does anyone know, does the IX (for free repeat) have to be in results section, because now it only says NG? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

4 Bs, 2 As. Not sure how I feel about that. Happy enough without being delighted.

Does anyone know anything about getting scripts rechecked, or even looking at them? I was certain one of those Bs was an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

I got a B+ in everything, happy enough I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jesus, f*ckin high standards in here...... Disappointed Not ecstatic with A's and B's?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

Tom65 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about getting scripts rechecked, or even looking at them? I was certain one of those Bs was an A.

I'm pretty sure you can't get exams rechecked until after the final results come out. There might be more information on the appeals website: http://www.ucd.ie/appeals/

Usually most schools will follow up a request to check that all grades have been added up correctly or entered without you having to go through the formal process or pay the €25 fee (I know ours will), but submitting a formal appeal against the grade is different and you have to have very good grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Dave! wrote: »
    jesus, f*ckin high standards in here...... Disappointed Not ecstatic with A's and B's?! :eek:

Academic standards are much higher than in your day. We're all very smart now.

taz70 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can't get exams rechecked until after the final results come out. There might be more information on the appeals website: http://www.ucd.ie/appeals/

Usually most schools will follow up a request to check that all grades have been added up correctly or entered without you having to go through the formal process or pay the €25 fee (I know ours will), but submitting a formal appeal against the grade is different and you have to have very good grounds.

Ah, so "I'd really like a better grade" doesn't cut it as a reason to appeal? Bugger. On that link it says "Being close to a higher GPA is not a ground for appeal".

Maybe "pleeeeease" would cut it as an argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Just got my results, I got a GPA of 2.2.

Its my first time with this GPA stuff so, can someone tell what I need to get in my next 3 exams and thesis to bring me up to a 2.1 award in my masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

(2.2 + 3.96)/2 = 3.08

So you'd need a gpa of 3.96. I'll leave it to you to work out what combination of grades you'll need to achieve that. GPA to letter grade conversions can be found on the UCD site.
    You'll pretty much need all A's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Seifer wrote: »
    (2.2 + 3.96)/2 = 3.08

So you'd need a gpa of 3.96. I'll leave it to you to work out what combination of grades you'll need to achieve that. GPA to letter grade conversions can be found on the UCD site.
    You'll pretty much need all A's though.

Not quite, the masters I presume is 90 credits, so you'd need 3.52 for the rest if you've completed 30 of 90 credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I am superbly happy! A+, A, A, A-, A-, A-
    Yay:)
    Congrats everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

I got

B, B, C+, C-, E and E.

Can i compensate at least one of these E's?

I got a gpa of 2.62 so its not the worst?
    wilk1 wrote: »
    C+, D, B-, C+, E, E

I guess I can't take either of the modules by compensation as I am exchange, so I essentially failed 2 huh?
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but in order to pass the level by compensation you can only afford one E in both semesters. As I said, I could be well off.

You can get compensation on 2 Es, once your GPA is high enough and you pass the rest of your exams next semester (i.e this semester)...so you need to pass at least 9 of your 12 modules. it wont show untill summer exma results.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

ugh i wish your results came with a thing saying "you need the following grades this semester to get a first/2.1/whatever in your degree....

i know its possible to figure it out but i cant be bothered trying :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

3.83 gpa. now i just need to keep it up for the next 4 years:o

Advertisement