Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exam Results?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

One A, Three B's, Two C's
    Delighted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Failed my easiest module! They NG'd me on a paper I handed up a week in advance!!! WTF? Something definitely wrong there and it's worth a good chunk of my grade!

Anybody want to point me towards the school of Biology programme office? Doesn't seem to be where I remember it being last semester?:confused:

Otherwise happy enough considering I didn't really do a tap!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Delighted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

While I am very happy to extend my congratulations to those of you who did really well, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. Does anyone know anything about checking a paper? Is it worth the while?

**pissed off**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

G,D-,D,D,D+,C,C+

Take that yis nerds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

Mine is saying 25 earned. I guess that means I just failed the one - which I expected to fail anyway. One repeat I can handle. :D

that doesnt meant anything, you could be doin more modules this semester to make up for the other 5 credits, I earned 25 this semester and this semester I'll be doin 30 credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

xxzaraxx wrote: »
    that doesnt meant anything, you could be doin more modules this semester to make up for the other 5 credits, I earned 25 this semester and this semester I'll be doin 30 credits.
    It does mean something. He knows how many modules he was doing this semester (presumably 6) so 25 credits would imply he failed one.
    In your case, you're going to end up 5 credits short then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

He? ^

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

lol, yeah, I did 30 credits in the first semester.
    xxzaraxx wrote:
    I earned 25 this semester and this semester I'll be doin 30 credits.
    Do you not mean 35?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Luna192

Passed everything, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Are extenuating circumstances taken into account for the provisional results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Are extenuating circumstances taken into account for the provisional results?

Depends on when you handed them in and if it was processed in time for the programme board to review it. They don't meet often generally so if it was afterwards it might be a while but that won't adversely affect you. Best thing to do is ask your student adviser, they've usually signed your form and sit on the programme board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

dajaffa wrote: »
    Depends on when you handed them in and if it was processed in time for the programme board to review it. They don't meet often generally so if it was afterwards it might be a while but that won't adversely affect you. Best thing to do is ask your student adviser, they've usually signed your form and sit on the programme board.

Cheers. I gave it in the day before the exams started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Hello. I am a first year. I got two E's in my christmas exams, out of 6 subjects...however my gpa is over 2.7.

I got an email from ucd telling me that I am registered for two resits; thing is that I was told by people that I could pass the two E's by compensation, provided I don't fail any exams in the summer?? (actually heard that 3 E's are allowed but I'd rather not contemplate failing another exam)

It says in the email that I have until next friday to decide whether or not to drop the resits?? Is this basically saying to me that "you have the choice to pay and resit the exams in order to pass, or you can drop the resits and take a gamble that you will pass all your subjects in the summer"?

Do I just drop them and work my hardest for the summer exams? Because the 460 euro is something I really really cant afford!

Advertisement