Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three.ie change Skype rules

• 27-12-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Having spent a good while trying to get iskoot / Skype from 3 to work, and trying older versions /newer versions, I finally rang Three Indian support!!.
    You now have to top up by €20 to get skype for 30 days (vs. €10 before dec 6 2009. Just thought I would let you know to save some time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I don't see anything on the website about this?

Just got on the the chat to confirm this:

[Operator 1] As of 6ht December, the policy for the same has changed to €20.00.
    [Operator 1] The top up amount needs to be with a €20 voucher. Two different vouchers adding up to €20 will not be accepted.
    [Operator 1] We are still in the process of updating the same information on our website. However, the top-up amount remains the same.

Jokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

My otherhalf received a 3Alerts text informing her of this. Did ye not receive this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Never got one i'm finished with 3 now all they do is increase prices, top with with 20e for 300 text forget that all the other networks give unlimited text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

is this correct. was thinking of getting one of the 49euro phones for as a second ph and for social networking and free skype calls

which one of these cheap phones would be the better option assuming skype is free

inq1 or 3f102 or inq mini3g or 2730
    3Pay

• Registered Users Posts: 9 smilinguk

does the 20eur apply only to use call-abroad on skype or even skype to skype calls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

smilinguk wrote: »
    does the 20eur apply only to use call-abroad on skype or even skype to skype calls?
    No the credit is used for normal calls and texts

So in order to use skype on your 3IRL to call other skype users you do not have to topup 20€/month. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

smilinguk wrote: »
    So in order to use skype on your 3IRL to call other skype users you do not have to topup 20€/month. Is that correct?

Not correct. You will not be able to login with the client if you havent topped up. It will throw an error. So you wont get in at all if it doesnt says Skype Calls, x days, in your my3,

Cristal clear, still good though...

Advertisement