Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Lifecam Cinema HD

• 27-12-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi guys I got myself one of these cams over xmas, but I find it a bit dissappointing, however having looked up youtube etc I had higher expectations.

Anyone have it or thoughts on how I might improve the quality of the recording?

At the moment it seems blurry and not focused properly.

Camera in Question

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/productdetails.aspx?pid=008

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

First off, how are you recording the footage?

Secondly, are you in a low light situation? Many small ccds(like in phones) are dreadfull in low light.

How close/far are you from the cam? There's a limit to how much the AF can account for AFAIK.

"Clearframe" sounds like a marketing gimmick, see if you cant disable it.

Remember its 720 not 1080 so its not a huge step up from SD. Nonetheless dumping video to raw AVI with zero compression at that res will create huge files very quickly, there's a good chance its reduced at default for amateur users.

Hope this helps, more info on the app might allow me to be more constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Hi

Sorry for late reply,

It records ASF files, and I find it very hard to convert them to AVI.

I don't appear to have any other way to record other than through the Microsoft Lifecam application, which seems kinda blurry, it has the option to upload straight to youtube and the quality is OK, I did some quick tests

A tad dissappointing but manageable I guess.

I will do another short vid for you to see maybe later if I get time.

Thanks for your help anyway.

John

Advertisement