Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water being turned off in Ballybofey tonight.

Options
  • 27-12-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I just got a text there to say the water has to be turned off in the Ballybofey area tonight for emergency maintainance by the Co. Council at 9pm tonight.

I think its meant to be off overnight. Fill up a few containers to keep you going.

I take it as being genuine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donegalboy

Yeah its genuine alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

beer for a couple of days then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

This is an all too regular occurrence for us in the Lifford area - our water was off all last night and throughout most of the the day - now gone again for the night :( I understand the main pipes really need to be replaced and have been subject to frequent bursts for quite a while - not much chance of replacement anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

On highland there that water will be off again tonight between 9pm and 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Council announces planned reservoir shutdowns as water problems persist

As problems with water supplies are reported around the Donegal, householders and keyholders
    are being urged to check unoccupied houses and premises for burst pipes and if necessary, shut off and drain the water system.

The plan now is to shut down reservoirs on a phased basis throughout the night to allow supplies build up again.

The planned interruptions in service tonight will be as follows -

All reservoirs in the Donegal and Stranorlar Electoral Areas will be shut down from 8 o’clock until 9 o’clock tomorrow morning.

In the Glenties Electoral Area, there will be severe interruptions from 8 o’clock tonight to 8 o’clock tomorrow morning in the Rosses and Gweedore, Gorthork and Cloghaneely, and the areas around Creeslough and Fintown.

In the Letterkenny Electoral Area, there will be severe interruptions from 8 o’clock tonight to 8 o’clock tomorrow morning in the Downings and Churchill areas.

In Inishowen, there will be severe interruptions from 8 o’clock tonight to 8 o’clock tomorrow morning in the areas of Carndonagh, Malin Head and Cashelcraw.

Meanwhile, serious problems continue with supplies in East Inishowen, with the council struggling to provide supplies in Moville, Redcastle, Muff, Quigley’s Point, Ishkaheen, Drumhaggart, and Sappagh.

More disruptions are forecast for these areas, with a tanker deployed at Muff Hall until 10 o’clock tonight, and again from 10am tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement