Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭belge boy

Yes Ireland in the UK. It's just easier to put you in with the British, same way you in the British Isles package everybody on the mainland as Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

belge boy wrote: »
    Yes Ireland in the UK. It's just easier to put you in with the British, same way you in the British Isles package everybody on the mainland as Europeans.

You, sir, are an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mayo.

*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I actually think of the Belgians as Dutch or French depending on where they are. There certainly is no such thing as a 'proud Belgian'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Theres so much I could say here but your really not worth getting banned over.

• Advertisement

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I actually think of the Belgians as Dutch or French depending on where they are. There certainly is no such thing as a 'proud Belgian'.

:rolleyes:

What the hell do you know? Of course there is. **** THE SEPERATISTS. belgium will always be one even though some loonies would like to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And we are separate from Britian, Dublin is not in the UK!

what the hell do you know of Irish history or politics? Very little it seems...

What the hell do you know? Of course there is. **** THE SEPERATISTS. belgium will always be one even though some loonies would like to change that.

Well it's ironic that you describe Ireland as being so linked to the UK since Belgium has no true idenity of it's own. Brussels is as bland a city that you could come across and the rest of it is a bi-polar mess torn between Dutch and French. Anytime you walk into a restaurant, you're looking for clues as to whether you should be speaking Dutch or French, it's a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

You French really dont have a clue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Well it's ironic that you describe Ireland as being so linked to the UK since Belgium has no true idenity of it's own. Brussels is as bland a city that you could come across and the rest of it is a bi-polar mess torn between Dutch and French. Anytime you walk into a restaurant, you're looking for clues as to whether you should be speaking Dutch or French, it's a joke.

Its Flemish not Dutch :rolleyes:
    You might aswell say the Dutch speak German
    You could say that Éirinn is a bi-polar mess between Gaeilge and English :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Ah Ireland, its basically one big ****hole but Dublin is it's only saving grace.

The only reason that you think that is that you miss the horsemeat burgers in Brussels - sophisticated ya of course it is.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Its Flemish not Dutch :rolleyes:
    You might aswell say the Dutch speak German
    You could say that Éirinn is a bi-polar mess between Gaeilge and English :cool:

I don't speak Flemish, I do know some Dutch. You see what I did there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

My dear Greenaxe, technicalities (such legal documents) make the world go round.
    We live in reality, not a technicality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

that feckin leitrim

There isn't enough of a difference between the counties to truely say that one is the worst. It's like trying to convince a non-beer drinker that Heineken is worse than Becks.

grenache wrote: »
    With all due respect Buttersnip, you can quote technicalities all day. In every day life, Kilkenny is not a city, simply because it is not big enough to be one - and dont tell me size/population has nothing to do with it, size/population differentiates towns from cities. Athlone, Sligo, Tralee, Dundalk - all bigger than Kilkenny. None are cities. Neither is Kilkenny.

Buttersnip may be right for Paddys Day for booking a longish weekend away Mrs CD has chosen Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭zebrafumbler

Dublin as it is full of tosher macduffins with such an embarrassing accent. Galway as its full of bitter, hateful, unfriendly sorts.

It's called diversity. I know Irish don't have that but yeah D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y

You say Belgium has no culture, but I believe my country is an insight into Europe crammed into a tiny little area. Our culture is a mix of European. I'm happy with that. Better than being culturally reliant on the Brits.

I say it now I'm proud to be a Belgian. Proud to be from Brussels, the capital of Europe.:)

It's called diversity. I know Irish don't have that but yeah D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y

You say Belgium has no culture, but I believe my country is an insight into Europe crammed into a tiny little area. Our culture is a mix of European. I'm happy with that. Better than being culturally reliant on the Brits.

I say it now I'm proud to be a Belgian. Proud to be from Brussels, the capital of Europe.:)

you should be proud as its a nice city.

it isnt thhe most impressive capital city London. Berlin and Paris are more cosmopolitan.For 8institions; they also have powers

Well it's like the US you know. brussels is like EU's washington dc.

• Advertisement

Better than being culturally reliant on the Brits.

As opposed to being reliant on the Dutch and the French? What difference does it make who is relying on who? You can't critisise a country for being culturally reliant on another when the country you're from is one big basket case.

Ireland was under British rule for nearly 800 years and they still occupy part of this island. The effects culturally and psychologically can't be eradicated overnight as someone from Belgium should surely be able to relate to.

Well it's like the US you know. brussels is like EU's washington dc.

It isnt really - the EU Parliment has little real power and the power is with the Council of Ministers and the Commision. Lots of Embassies though.

If Brussels was that important Ryanair would fly there.

CDfm wrote: »

I read somewhere that something like only a quarter of visitors to Brussels go there for pleasure. Probably going off-topic but I would prefer Bruges or Leuven as far as Belgian cities go.

I read somewhere that something like only a quarter of visitors to Brussels go there for pleasure. Probably going off-topic but I would prefer Bruges or Leuven as far as Belgian cities go.

Its red light district is over regulated ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Cavan, because its full of cavan stingy cavan'ers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

There isnt one all counties in Ireland suck.
    But you make do with wherever your parents brought you up most of the time then you think where you grew up was the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

CDfm wrote: »
    It isnt really - the EU Parliment has little real power and the power is with the Council of Ministers and the Commision. Lots of Embassies though.

You could say the same about Paris, Barcelona and countless other European cities.

They fly to Charlerois. For Barcelona they fly to Girona. For Paris they fly to Beauvais.

But yes, Brussels is a dump.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Nice of Lord Butterslip to defind my citys honour. He's obviously one of the nice Kilkenny people but I don't think he understands why the Kilkenny bashing is going on, it's simple, when you're the best there will never be a shortage of people to try and bring you down, it's just jealousy or a blind sense of loyalty to their own county. Some people just make foolish statements in the hope that they become true and later can say "I told you so" like those people said that in the year 2010 the Earth would be one big desert or that Liverpool would win the league. KILKENNY: CELEBRATING 400 YEARS AS A CITY.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Noone should be allowed to say "I'm proud to be from <insert random country here>"

You were bron there. It was completely random. You might be happy to be from somewhere but don't be proud of it.

Oh and I don't think there is a worst county. Some mightn't be great but they all have something special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

KILKENNY: CELEBRATING 400 YEARS AS A CITY.

Hurrah for City Status!

Advertisement