Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    you're an odd one

hey -its ok to admit that stuff about dublin isnt great. i live here and i think so too. knacker drinking in public parks, drug gangwars etc. it comes down to what the population deem acceptable.

there is a mindset in dublin that allows that and i wish it wasnt there too.

it being the thread it is ............well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

CDfm wrote: »
    i live here and i think so too

Come on CDfm, it's been proven already that although you live in Dublin, you don't really know it very well, you were rightly caught out regarding the Galleries and Museums that you claimed you knew about...

Now, if you think knacker drinking is a Dublin problem, canoe the length and breadth of Ireland by canal and river. Outside every town there is a spot for kids to drink, smoke and ride each other and even do worse.

Please, don't prove you are as ignorant of the country as you are of Dublin!!!

lightening wrote: »

Now, if you think knacker drinking is a Dublin problem, canoe the length and breadth of Ireland by canal and river. Outside every town there is a spot for kids to drink, smoke and ride each other and even do worse.

Ah cmon Lightening this is a light hearted thread.

Though BraiziliaNZ( I think the NZ stands for a scream after waxing) has mentioned knacker drinking and football crowds.

I dont think he is talking about kids but adults.

So slagging of his county is one thing and is good fun - but i think he has made a very good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Dublin isn't the worst county in Ireland. The locals there are actually good craic especially the Dub fans!..

I don't mind walking around Dublin once i avoid the tourist district (Parnell st.). :pac:

Ah cmon Lightening this is a light hearted thread.

I know, but you were still caught by the bollix!

Do you know where the five lamps are?

• Advertisement

I know, but you were still caught by the bollix!

Here we go again "Mr if you werent born in fleet street you are not a real Dub"

Knacker drinking is part of what we are yada yada yada
    Do you know where the five lamps are?

well the nice one is in Naas

No, I'm not accusing you of being a plastic Dub, just saying you were caught by the bollix!!

By the way, Naas is in Kildare!!!! You can go and hang you bollix off the ones in Naas if you want...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Leitrim...let's just say i won't be going back there any time soon, or EVER

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

it doesn't look that bad, when driving through it anyway, seem to be some nice woods and lakes etc on way to Sligo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

look how much cleaner and nicer Dublin looked in '61, and look at all the cyclists!!

http://www.grangemoregolf.com/year-2009/Killerig_2009/Golf_Photos/Dublin_1961.html

• Advertisement

By the way, Naas is in Kildare!!!! You can go and hang you bollix off the ones in Naas if you want...

:pac:

Oh you mean the one in the North Strand -its not even a strand .

Is it the usual Dub place where if you ask for a rum and coke they send you to the jacks for the coke:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

longford...i dont acknkowledge it as as a county, more of a place that is shit...you never hear of longford in the new, where is it situated..just there int he middle, cant make up its mind if its comin or goin!

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    look how much cleaner and nicer Dublin looked in '61, and look at all the cyclists!!

http://www.grangemoregolf.com/year-2009/Killerig_2009/Golf_Photos/Dublin_1961.html

lovely pics -it was gorgeous :cool:

mink_man wrote: »
    longford...i dont acknkowledge it as as a county, more of a place that is shit...you never hear of longford in the new, where is it situated..just there int he middle, cant make up its mind if its comin or goin!

give it a couple of years and the majority of the pop. in longford will be non-national.........look at it now.:(

any solutions people that could save our grand children?...

flag123 wrote: »
    in longford will be non-national.........look at it now.:(

currently 15% of the county is foreign nationals and not even a young scientist prize to show for bit.

its not the taking part but the winning that counts

currently 15% of the county is foreign nationals and not even a young scientist prize to show for bit.

its not the taking part but the winning that counts

id well beleive its 15%. :(

I'm hearing a few stories tho that the local are'nt to happy about it starting to solve the problem.

flag123 wrote: »
    id well beleive its 15%. :(

I'm hearing a few stories tho that the local are'nt to happy about it starting to solve the problem.

I was down in West Cork a few years back and Macroom was Polish and Coolea was Latvian and Bandon I believe was favoured by Africans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

This is a kind of stupid thread . . . .

You obviously haven't met many kilkenny people, mention the ones you know if you want, but thats just too harsh.

Its the Dame Alice curse - she had a bad time in Kilkenny

http://www.libraryireland.com/biography/DameAliceKettle.php

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭murphy125

The worst county by far is fcuking dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

murphy125 wrote: »
    Too right!

murphy125 wrote: »

Isnt Navan just a suburb of Dublin like Tallaght or Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭Speak Now

This is a kind of stupid thread . . . .

Correct............draws all the WUM's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Out of interest where abouts were you?

Correct............draws all the WUM's

Waterford Airport .... LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I have to say I dislike the midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CelticTiger*

Leitrim for me was llike another world, a strange world that wasn't part of a civilised society.

Oh and West Cork is pretty odd too, anyone ever been to a village down there called Eyeries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

For Accents has to be Louth, Monaghan, Cavan, Cork, Kerry and parts of Dublin.

Ireland I thought set up Bord Na Mona to make Longford into a lake and now the green party will put an end to that so its definatley gonna be there at the top, considering I hoped they'd eventually extend the lake to Leitrim and some of the midlands, but obviously Longford was the original goal.

Politically, Kerry, Over-rated and too much power along with Dublin where stupid decisions are made and rarely belive their part of a Nation.

We did give you Daniel O'Donnell but there is not one of his CDs in this country for every person in the aforementioned accent category, Joe Duffy and most RTE Presenters and that Daithi O'Se, therefore we are lower on the noise pollution front. And he pacifies all your owl ones.

Oh adding any county that has a fledging Green Party Organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Leitrim. Louth accent has to be the worst though.

• Advertisement

anyone ever been to a village down there called Eyeries?

i had forgotten it existed a place where cottaging really means renting a cottage

Advertisement