Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Leitrim for me was llike another world, a strange world that wasn't part of a civilised society.

Please do go on.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

hopalong85 wrote: »
    Leitrim. Louth accent has to be the worst though.

This has to be the most decriptive post of the century. Well done young lad.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Then there are the pretend counties Dun Laoighaire-Rathdown and Fingal - I mean where exactly are they???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Offaly because it's awf...

Nah, it's just really sh1t.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

county down they are a nightmare i cannot stick their accent!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Faithless

CDfm wrote: »

but - now we see incompetant civil servants and gombeen politicians as not very good at their jobs or technically competant with the recession, lacking skills to supervise/regulate as in the banking crisis, union leaders unreasonable and politicians not knowing where the billions were spent., boring and talentless broadcasting

The people running the country are not from Dublin, what an absolute waste of thread space. It's like me going down to Wexford, wrecking the place and then everyone blaming Wexford.

Faithless wrote: »
    The people running the country are not from Dublin, what an absolute waste of thread space. It's like me going down to Wexford, wrecking the place and then everyone blaming Wexford.

Doh - its the oxymorons -sorry civil servants

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

I don't mind any of the accents!...at least there Irish!...What i can't stand is people putting on an American accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

flag123 wrote: »
    I don't mind any of the accents!...at least there Irish!...What i can't stand is people putting on an American accent!

I've come across a lot of this, wtf is that about??

And it's always that these people have absolutely no links to the US at all, haven't even been there on holidays...

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I've come across a lot of this, wtf is that about??

And it's always that these people have absolutely no links to the US at all, haven't even been there on holidays...

Ive come across that in Malahide -one of my daughters friends has one and I let it slip that she may have "problems" which precious duly repeated to him. Just like I knew she would. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Which in your opinion is the worst county in ireland and why do you say so...

Dublin - well, mainly west and south west. Granted, it is one crowded council housing paradise after another, but the accents make one wonder if some of the inhabitants were ever actually taught English, or that they were schooled specifically to speak the way they do so as to warn others in the event they wandered out of their post codes.

Dubliners here seem to rabidly attack the rest of Ireland, especially Cork, so often it makes me assume a large amount of the populace in Dublin have some form of an anxiety disorder, or inferiority complex. Well, Dubliners, you can relax - because all of us Irish have an inferiority complex. So you see, there's no reason to feel the need to endlessly shout yours from the mountains. We all know you're Irish as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Not so much the county, its nice. But the people from there. Cork
    They all think they're brilliant, and Cork is the best place in the world
    The "real capital" bullshít
    The "d'ye knooooow liiiiike"
    And the word "like" 20 times in every sentence.
    And the GAA then too, sure they're all brilliant.
    Drives me nuts. Like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Reindeer wrote: »
    makes me assume a large amount of the populace in Dublin have some form of an anxiety disorder, or inferiority complex.

Oh yeah? your ma!

That's just something that has become rampant within Irish culture in total now really, not just Cork.
    A large majority of people (generally younger women who talk a lot) use the word like about once for every three words that they speak.
    It really is a sad state of affairs like.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Oh yeah? your ma!

Roish - have a nice day:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

killkenny without doubt kilkenny:mad: i have never yet met on kilkenny person who has not a asshole, im sorry im just stated the facts.

Bit heavy but come to think of it, there does seem to be a higher percentage of bollockses down there!!:D

Gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

Offaly. That fat Gobshíte comes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Dublin - Highest amount of scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MJ23 wrote: »
    But the people from there. Cork
    They all think they're brilliant, and Cork is the best place in the world
    The "real capital" bullshít
    The "d'ye knooooow liiiiike"
    And the GAA then too, sure they're all brilliant.
    It's true - I'm an exception in that I have no interest in GAA, don't go on with the "real capital" stuff and don't overdo the use of "like"... as a result, I'm a social outcast. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

hopalong85 wrote: »
    Leitrim. Louth accent has to be the worst though.

Ah now in fairness you mean the Drogheda/Drawda accent! :p

OT: Tyrone. Boring boring boring..zzzz

kerry -its a cliche and plastic paddywackery land

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DECO563

DUBLIN total load of bollocks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MightyMuncher

It has to be Limerick. It simply serves no purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

DECO563 wrote: »
    DUBLIN total load of bollocks!!

"DECO" the Dub hater......:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Towelie_6971

mullingar..... why has nobody said this yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

People have a decent grasp of geography?

m@cc@ wrote: »
    People have a decent grasp of geography?

Dun-laoighire- Rathdown is just a hole , as bad as Fingal.

Ask anyone - so bad they are not included in any guide books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beaniedude

Mullingar!! One of the worst places in Ireland. I lived there for a good few years,......too many. Thankfully I dont anymore. Damn that place sucks. The people there are all the same, like one big bitchy family. Full of scum too.

This is all my opinion btw :) no offence to anyone decent who lives there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

because its not a county you towel

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Dublin - when you lived in cities like London, Paris and New York. Dublin as a capital city is a joke, a kip and an embarrassment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Laois.enough said

Advertisement