Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

kraggy wrote: »
    Examples of this touristy faux culture please. What parts of the Conamara Gaeltacht?

galway pubs for one.

no one is disputing its heritage

two years back i was visiting galway and out in the country stopped the car and asked a local for directions and ended up being directed 20 or so miles in the wrong direction. We were told this was normal and the locals have a keen sense of humour. Then again you dont visit galway for the signposts which they take down or point in the opposite direction.

Ennis/clare does a lot more with less and the people are nicer and the resteraunts more sophisticated.Donegal is prettier and you can pop over the North for shopping.

I dont mean to pick on Galway but maybe its the attitude that kept the Americans away too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

brummytom wrote: »
    Laois, because it's very confusing to pronounce.
    pronounced Leesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

cloneslad wrote: »
    I've been there, it's like atlantis, most people can never find it and don't believe it could possibly exist!

It is a nice county though!

Its a beautiful spot. People always criticise its small population but its a very small county in size-if you took any area of Connacht the same size without any major towns it woul probably have the same population as Leitrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

shane86 wrote: »
    Galway. costs an arm and a leg to get to

Mayo, Roscommon, and Clare offer you their heartiest facepalm.

shane86...... location: Australia................ Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

shane86 wrote: »
    Galway. Overrated nightlife, touristy faux culture, costs an arm and a leg to get to and it never stops raining.

+ 1

Pure celtic tiger stuff, the city is incredibly overpriced and getting a bad name for it. I find Dublin, Belfast and Cork beat it hands down for friendliness, value for money and quality in food and drink. Some cracking spots in Galway don't get me wrong, but the urban scene, stand alone show off hideous mansions with eight bathrooms and two 4x4's outside... Mind you, that's not just Galway in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

If Leitrim and Monaghan disappeared, I don't think anyone would notice

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

ball wrote: »
    If Leitrim and Monaghan disappeared, I don't think anyone would notice
    If monaghan disappeared ! I would :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

it's bleedin county corkonian. dows bleedin corkies does me bleedin head in. bleedin tick the lot of um. everyone nos dublin is the best bleeding cuonty by a lungshiit. we rule the henhouse europeanly speaking. they all a-spire (ha ha, ha ha,) to be like us. last year mtv voted dublin the most lived in european capital by its curent residents. so dare. when you tink about it we have so much more than udder cities of ireland/europe/world. check de stats: smithfield-one of the biggest stone plazas in the world. libery hall-one of the tallest skyscrapers in europe. macdonalds in rathfarnham- first drive through in the world. the MGM lion - from dublin zoo. lassy the dog- from the dspca. flipper the dolphin- origionally from dublin bay. so dare. and they carry big bleedin bags o chips on dare shoulders. always givin us city slickers a hard bleedin time. go fook off and try in act sivileised ya bleedin pox bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Cork.

Most people ive meet from there seem to have a big old chip on there shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

it's bleedin county corkonian. dows bleedin corkies does me bleedin head in. bleedin tick the lot of um. everyone nos dublin is the best bleeding cuonty by a lungshiit. we rule the henhouse europeanly speaking. they all a-spire (ha ha, ha ha,) to be like us. last year mtv voted dublin the most lived in european capital by its curent residents. so dare. when you tink about it we have so much more than udder cities of ireland/europe/world. check de stats: smithfield-one of the biggest stone plazas in the world. libery hall-one of the tallest skyscrapers in europe. macdonalds in rathfarnham- first drive through in the world. the MGM lion - from dublin zoo. lassy the dog- from the dspca. flipper the dolphin- origionally from dublin bay. so dare.

Man thats funny... Gotta love those shoulder chips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sligo.

Nothing to do

Litter everywhere

Most people I met were total *****

Honestly my favourite thing about Sligo is that it doesn't take long to leave

No offense Sligo Boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cork.

You from Dublin? Seems Dubliners tend to think anyone who doesn't like Dublin has a chip on their shoulder or some grudge or summat.

Can't people just don't like Dublin?
    (I refer now to the city, county Dublin could be great for all I know, haven't really been)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Cork.

Both shoulders if you don't mind.

fecking mixing us up with the common culchies from the other 30 yokes :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

Cork.

Actually, the chip is in their brains. Which makes them smarter than the rest of you hicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

RonMexico wrote: »
    Limerick

/thread - because it doesn't even need an explanation.

Considering that randomly listing counties is by no means witty or funny, and the whole point of the thread is - I think - to be funny and original, I'd love to hear an explanation! Assuming that you have one that's funny and original ?

Guess the real answer would depend on what the criteria was.....living vs working, entertainment resources vs natural resources, transport vs localised facilities, variety vs predictability, bars where you can chat vs music clubs, actual culture vs "celeb" wannabe nightclubs.

Wouldn't know where to start, really, but I know I'd differentiate between living & visiting somewhere. Maybe Dublin, because of its size, chronic traffic & crime, but then it does have more options for nights out and has decent public transport when compared to all the other cities nationwide.

But couldn't really point a finger at a "worst" county.....far too vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Cork without a doubt. I strongly believe my own IQ drops in the presence of Cork people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Both shoulders if you don't mind.

fecking mixing us up with the common culchies from the other 30 yokes :mad:

Huh ?

Seems like you're guilty of the same thing!

Any map of Ireland will tell ya that there's FAR less than 30 counties that don't have a city....

Belfast
    Derry
    Limerick
    Kilkenny
    Waterford
    Galway
    Sligo [ I think ]

....and there might even be more.

Always bugs me how Dubs view anyone outside their city as "culchies" - even though they might be from somewhere in Co Dublin (like Swords) and talking to someone who actuall lives in a city!!!! :rolleyes:

People from Cork never see the sun most of them have their heads so far up their own ho*e.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Roscommon by a mile, total and utter kip

i like kilkenny. it's one of my favourite towns to drive through.
    I strongly believe my own IQ drops in the presence of Cork people.
    you've basically just said everyone in cork has a higher IQ than you.

• Advertisement

go-wan the kats. kilkenny city for capital. kilkenny abu! :pac:

For capital of the world!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Worst county in Ireland has to be Dublin. It is the dirtiest sh1thole ever.

So many drug addicts everywhere, scumbags everywhere, it is one of the ugliest places I've ever seen.

Followed closely by Kilkenny, Limerick, Clare and Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

For capital of the world!!!:cool:

Pity it's not really a City though. I've seen bigger villages.

Osu wrote: »
    Pity it's not really a City though. I've seen bigger villages.

like cork village :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

donegal - everyone up there has a massive chip on their shoulder about the rest of the country, purely because the rest of the country is more developed. they express concern about you if you're 'not a praying man', and should you mention that you aren't an avid drinker of alcohol then nobody will be anyway nice to you, only suspicious.

a famous caveman once said:

caveman with chip on shoulder easily spot other caveman with chip on shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Droileen

MEATH by far - full of thickies who think there`s no place in Ireland like them - I lived there for 2 years & I KNOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

killkenny without doubt kilkenny:mad: i have never yet met on kilkenny person who has not a asshole, im sorry im just stated the facts.

ever been to Cavan? - tight cnuts
    Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It always has, and always will be, Cork.

Not even the fact that Dudess is a native can save it (nearly though :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

leitrim, if it exists

Advertisement