Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

So noone has voted for louth? Home of Ardee hey, Dundalk and Drogheda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

chem wrote: »
    So noone has voted for louth? Home of Ardee hey, Dundalk and Drogheda?

Shouldn't that be Adree hey, Dundalk hey, Drogheda hey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Dublin The ugliest capital city in europe and the people have a serious attitude problem.

Waterford Irelands forgotten city and rightly so.

Limerick A place to stop by for a minute on the way between cork and galway.

Galway the county is nice but if your expecting a city then Galway will dissapoint.A little square and main street does not make a city.The place is also too touristy but it's still a nice little place.Just take it for what it is and don't expect an irish version of Barcelona.

Waterford Ireland's forgotten city?
    You need to get your ears tested or something. If its Ireland's forgotten city then you wouldn't know about would you?
    Exactly.

And now Ireland's worst city.. Most definitely Cork,
    Full of ignorant people and wanna-be scumbags.
    Its pretty much just a dumpland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

This link shows that Dublin is the worst county by crime rate with the south of the Dublin Metropolitan Region being totally out there on all indicators.

http://hiberniagirl.blogspot.com/2008/05/high-crime-rates-in-ireland-in-regions.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

CDfm wrote: »
    This link shows that Dublin is the worst county by crime rate with the south of the Dublin Metropolitan Region being totally out there on all indicators.

http://hiberniagirl.blogspot.com/2008/05/high-crime-rates-in-ireland-in-regions.html

You can't compare the crime rates in Dublin to other cities in Europe or Ireland.

Could compare it to cities in Colombia, but certainly not Europe or Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Longford most definately......driving through it is like driving through a tunnel for a few hours. Nothing to see or do and the most boring scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

cul-2008 wrote: »
    1.) I drove there last week and the roads are so bad that they cracked my windscreen!

Should have gone to Autoglass... I hate that ad...

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    You can't compare the crime rates in Dublin to other cities in Europe or Ireland.

Could compare it to cities in Colombia, but certainly not Europe or Ireland...

The EU think the same
    Friday January 02 2009 Evening Herald

MURDER rates in Dublin are now the sixth highest in Europe.

Only five other European capitals have higher homicide levels in the latest United Nations league table.

Dublin comes four places ahead of London, which ranks 10th in the list.

And according to the figures, Ireland as a whole is 10th in Europe, with a worse record for violent deaths than England and Wales.

In Ireland and Britain, only Glasgow comes ahead of Dublin -- in fifth place. Latvian capital Riga was number one on the list.

And these are predominantly Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The EU think the same

What do you expect when FF and the banks are involved in the daylight robbery that is NAMA ?

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    What do you expect when FF and the banks are involved in the daylight robbery that is NAMA ?

Assisted by a Dublin based criminal gang that operate openly with a weird ethnic name ....Serbhis Phoibli :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Not a county but I think Athy deserves a mention...many an hour I have been stuck in that ****e hole coming home for the weekends on the bus!

I think it's the general air of depression the place has from people who were dupped into thinking buying there and commuting to Dublin was a good idea.

Fudge you Athy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Longford, the county where a paint drying olympics would liven up the place..

Awfully boring place alright, doesn't make it the worst though.

Sure, the paint drying olympics would liven up anywhere.
    The place would be lookin' great by the time they finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Dr. Feelgood

Obviously Dublin.

Milky Moo wrote: »

I think it's the general air of depression the place has from people who were dupped into thinking buying there and commuting to Dublin was a good idea.

Fudge you Athy!

did you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

People who think Cork is the worst county seriously need their heads examined. No disrespect to the natives, but Longford is the worst i've had to traverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

killkenny without doubt kilkenny:mad: i have never yet met on kilkenny person who has not a asshole, im sorry im just stated the facts.

Maybe if you had an asshole as well you wouldn't be so full of shít :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Maybe if you had an asshole as well you wouldn't be so full of shít :pac::pac:

OH SNAP :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Its a toss up between Dublin and Wexford! Wexford is an absolute soul hole! Went there for a family holiday a few years ago and there was NOTHING else to do but site around the holiday house drinking and watching Black books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

galway pubs for one.

no one is disputing its heritage

two years back i was visiting galway and out in the country stopped the car and asked a local for directions and ended up being directed 20 or so miles in the wrong direction. We were told this was normal and the locals have a keen sense of humour. Then again you dont visit galway for the signposts which they take down or point in the opposite direction.

Ennis/clare does a lot more with less and the people are nicer and the resteraunts more sophisticated.Donegal is prettier and you can pop over the North for shopping.

I dont mean to pick on Galway but maybe its the attitude that kept the Americans away too.

I still don't get what you mean by faux culture? The pubs? Their just good pubs. Nothing faux about them. Apart from the select few super bars on a certain street where the bints where dainty dresses and the lads all wear check shirts.

Besides there though, the pubs are great. Every one of them you can go in a t -shirt, jeans, runners and have a bop. Maybe you haven't been down the west/dominick street.

And Ennis having more sophisticated restaurants is just a ridiculous statement. I lived in Ennis/Shannon for a whole year and have been out in Ennis many, many times. There's nothing sophisticated about their restaurants, believe me.

And the someone giving you the wrong directions. Please, that happens everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Hugo Drax

First there was the dream, now there is reality. Here in the untainted cradle of the heavens will be created a new super race, a race of perfect physical specimens. You have been selected as its progenitors. Like gods, your offspring will return to Earth and shape it in their image. You have all served in public capacties in my terrestrial empire. Your seed, like yourselves, will pay deference to the ultimate dynasty which I alone have created. From their first day on Earth they will be able to look up and know that there is law and order in the heavens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

galway pubs for one.

no one is disputing its heritage

two years back i was visiting galway and out in the country stopped the car and asked a local for directions and ended up being directed 20 or so miles in the wrong direction. We were told this was normal and the locals have a keen sense of humour. Then again you dont visit galway for the signposts which they take down or point in the opposite direction.

Ennis/clare does a lot more with less and the people are nicer and the resteraunts more sophisticated.Donegal is prettier and you can pop over the North for shopping.

I dont mean to pick on Galway but maybe its the attitude that kept the Americans away too.

I still don't get what you mean by faux culture? The pubs? Their just good pubs. Nothing faux about them. Apart from the select few super bars on a certain street where the bints where dainty dresses and the lads all wear check shirts.

Besides there though, the pubs are great. Every one of them you can go in a t -shirt, jeans, runners and have a bop. Maybe you haven't been down the west/dominick street.

And Ennis having more sophisticated restaurants is just a ridiculous statement. I lived in Ennis/Shannon for a whole year and have been out in Ennis many, many times. There's nothing sophisticated about their restaurants, believe me.

And the someone giving you the wrong directions. Please, that happens everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

grenache wrote: »
    People who think Cork is the worst county seriously need their heads examined. No disrespect to the natives, but Longford is the worst i've had to traverse.

I have to agree, with the longford part anyway. I am from Longford county originally (not the town part) and was back there for Christmas. Went into longford town couple of days ago and couldnt wait to get out of it. Absolutely nothing there, barely moved on in the last ten years and too many people with big fish small pond attitudes. kinda depressing really as was looking forward to going back as had fond memories, guess they were all drink induced!!!! rest of the county is even worse with towns like edgeworthstown, granard atc. its sad when i hear my mate's talk about how proud they are of their own counties

kraggy wrote: »

Just saying that I didn't find Galway worth the hype. Its a matter of taste and its not value for money. Ennis by comparison is as sophisticated and has great pubs too and its heritage sites are more accessable.

Maybe Galway is great if you're American or a student.

I am just going by my impressions and nothing would entice me back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

my vote goes to dublin.

too many reasons to go into detail, so illjust say i hate dublin accents, the attitude of people, the clubs in dublin, taxi's, buses, roads and more or less everything else dublin related.

oh, and the airport fucking sucks.

so does the m50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

my vote goes to dublin.

i hate dublin accents, the attitude of people,

well we hate youz too ya bleedin poxbottle. youz come up here taking our jobs and our women and have de bleedin cheek to slag off our bleedin accents and attitudes. ya bleedin tick inbreeder

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Scenery,natural habitat aside Ireland itself is one fupped up "County", populated by cute hoors,lowlifes,self promoting politicians,jumped up shallow "celebs" ,gullible trendies,criminals aplenty in every social group,scavenging scumbags, opportunistic and cultureless knackers,murderers,rapists,paedophiles ,aggressive junkies and drunkards,mindless speedsters,loud exhausts,ear bursting incoherent noise,low grade country and western ****e,ugly edifices,many empty and the creation of corrupt planning procedures.Every county or body part of the whole that is Ireland is diseased socially and politically.Yeah,this little island is one massive Carbuncle dripping of green gangrenous puss despite the ethos and gallant efforts of the law abiding, good and caring citizenry of which thankfully,there are many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

well we hate youz too ya bleedin poxbottle. youz come up here taking our jobs and our women and have de bleedin cheek to slag off our bleedin accents and attitudes. ya bleedin tick inbreeder

sorry, but i think you have me confused with someone else.
    i dont live in dublin, so i don't take "your" jobs.
    i have never dated a woman from dublin, so i dont take "your" women.

and unlike some other's i know my family history.
    my mother is irish, my father is english, and there is no "inbreeding" in my family, so your last statement is also irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

This thread is lame, personified in a thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Ans; Cork
    Q; Why
    Ans; The people going around with a chip on their shoulder about being the second city which seems to have bred a deep insecurity and the really annoying way they talk to you as if they have re invented the wheel everyday.

NOT A DUB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Meath. It's one giant elephant graveyard, but for your soul.

Advertisement