Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst county in Ireland ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

well we hate youz too ya bleedin poxbottle. youz come up here taking our jobs and our women and have de bleedin cheek to slag off our bleedin accents and attitudes. ya bleedin tick inbreeder

Seriously man, it wasnt funny the first time. And stealing our women?! Are ya mad?! Dublin women dont go for culchies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

i dont live in dublin

That's obvious. Sounds like you have been to your capital about twice in your life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Roscommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Bugnug wrote: »
    Ans; Cork
    Q; Why
    Ans; The people going around with a chip on their shoulder about being the second city which seems to have bred a deep insecurity and the really annoying way they talk to you as if they have re invented the wheel everyday.

I dont get this and used to live there - its a very nice city and is not at all pretentious.

It has a small town feel and is fairly cosy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Meath. It's one giant elephant graveyard, but for your soul.

It has a lot going for it.

Cordners in Navan is shoeshop heaven for women.

Trim is lovely and Oldcastle goes back in time.
    Roscommon.

Rosscommon - its a kind of non county - I cant think of anything good or bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Dublin - with a passion, (cocky, arrogant, dirty, egotistical bunch who think there superior to everyone else). It's time ye got over yerselves in the capital...
    Also in relation to GAA their the worst aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

cocky, arrogant, dirty, egotistical bunch who think there superior to everyone else

Ah comon!! Dude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BIG DOG 82

Dublin - with a passion, (cocky, arrogant, dirty, egotistical bunch who think there superior to everyone else). It's time ye got over yerselves in the capital...

Hill 16 is Dublin only !!

But seriously, Longford.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Proves my point! By the way YE and YERSELVES are not words!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭diamondtooth

I could not agree at all about Meath being the worst county. No way.

Also its hard to generalise about Dublin. Some people there are w*nkers and some are not. I asked a girl a while ago where in Dublin she was from and she said the Southside! The south side of f*cking what? I asked her was she from Tallaght then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

CDfm wrote: »
    Just saying that I didn't find Galway worth the hype. Its a matter of taste and its not value for money. Ennis by comparison is as sophisticated and has great pubs too and its heritage sites are more accessable.

Maybe Galway is great if you're American or a student.

I am just going by my impressions and nothing would entice me back.

Absolutely fair enough.

But going back to my original point, overhyped/overated does not equal worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Ye is a word, check an online dictionary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ye Olde incorrect poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Seriously man, it wasnt funny the first time. And stealing our women?! Are ya mad?! Dublin women dont go for culchies :D

jaysus, are you for real. i'm bleedin tryin to defund us here against the culshees. bleedin taking over our bored and posting all dis shiite about us bein tick and stuff. we have to bleedin show um were betters tan dem. a ya wit me joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

it's gotta be longford. have you ever been to edgeworthstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

We have 14 pages of people all saying i hate such and such a county.

If only someone would go through this thread and see if there is a county that hasn't been named and if there is perhaps we could name that the least worst county in Ireland, perhaps they could even erect a plaque saying so.

You are now entering the least worst county in Ireland
    It has no other redeeming features but at least the good people of boards dont hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Oh so you've managed to meet most of the population of Dublin have you? You get muppets in every county in Ireland but only a d***head would tar everybody from the one county with the same brush

I'd have to say Offaly, worked with a guy from their and he could't think on one good thing about the county!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

We have 14 pages of people all saying i hate such and such a county.

If only someone would go through this thread and see if there is a county that hasn't been named and if there is perhaps we could name that the least worst county in Ireland, perhaps they could even erect a plaque saying so.

You are now entering the least worst county in Ireland
    It has no other redeeming features but at least the good people of boards dont hate it

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=9785733

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=9785749

tipperary has only 2 bad review's.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63675757&postcount=77

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63676167&postcount=84

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Waterford Ireland's forgotten city?
    You need to get your ears tested or something. If its Ireland's forgotten city then you wouldn't know about would you?
    Exactly.

And now Ireland's worst city.. Most definitely Cork,
    Full of ignorant people and wanna-be scumbags.
    Its pretty much just a dumpland.

I have to say that i found county waterford to be full of ignorant inbreds.The so called city is the most depressing urban area in i have encountered western europe.For irelands smallest city it's fairly rough and is only barely nicer than limerick.The shops are also rubbish there.To hell or to wahurford i say.

• Advertisement

I take back my comments about galway.It may be overhyped but it's the best city in ireland after cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I have to say that i found county waterford to be full of ignorant inbreds.The so called city is the most depressing urban area in i have encountered western europe.For irelands smallest city it's fairly rough and is only barely nicer than limerick.The shops are also rubbish there.To hell or to wahurford i say.
    Aren't we all a bit old here for inter county rivalry?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

ball wrote: »
    If Leitrim and Monaghan disappeared, I don't think anyone would notice

its true.. i only found out recently that monaghan is in the republic :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Waterford is not full of ignorant inbreds, it's full of actually polite people, unlike in cork where the spoken language is something along the lines of a mix between mumbles and african. As for the city, Its much better than cork city, no scumbag teenagers everywhere you turn, and no beggers sitting outside shops begging for money, the atmosphere in waterford is great infact. Rough? Rough is corks middle name, have a look around there at all the scumbags lying around cork. As i say.. To anywhere but cork. :D

lightening wrote: »
    That's obvious. Sounds like you have been to your capital about twice in your life!!

isnt he lucky?:pac: some people have to endure it so much more than that:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

how anyone could pick the county with the countrys best weather is beyond me , i wont single out any county but my choice is anywhere in the midlands , nothing to do and everyone talks like tinkers

oh oh oh! Only nice things have been said about Donegal :D
    well.. somebody said something about us being under-developed or something like that, but we were defended :D

And if i could id build a wall around old Donegal...

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Waterford is not full of ignorant inbreds, it's full of actually polite people, unlike in cork where the spoken language is something along the lines of a mix between mumbles and african. As for the city, Its much better than cork city, no scumbag teenagers everywhere you turn, and no beggers sitting outside shops begging for money, the atmosphere in waterford is great infact. Rough? Rough is corks middle name, have a look around there at all the scumbags lying around cork. As i say.. To anywhere but cork. :D

Cork combines big city atmosphere with a small town feel.Just look at the african echo sellers.Cork is a very hip and modern european city.I can see you are jealous and you have a lot to be jealous off.As for waterford the place is full of bookmakers.The only shops around john roberts square seem to be only mobile phone and shoe shops.The quay is overloaded with drunks.Indeed i remember the story when the tourists going on those walking tours of the place got stones fired at them by a local thug.Id say they won't be coming back in a hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

its true.. i only found out recently that monaghan is in the republic :/

:eek: I just found out now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

if you think about it all the counties with a city in in should be ok as there are things to do there but places like leitrim, roscommon and longford..places with a smaller population than my housing estate have absolutely nothing cool to do there, not worth keeping in my openion!

Advertisement