Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we?

Options
  • 27-12-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

I'd be interested to see where other people are in terms of their course completion.... I'll stick it up in a blog post afterwards if people reply! Just copy my format and elaborate a bit ;)
    By the way, I'm not sure of the syllabus of any of these, so I'll just mention as much as I can....

English(H);
    We've got King Lear read, and sort of studied. We need to go a bit more in-depth into it. In terms of poetry, Boland,Rich,Yeats and Kavanagh finished. Half-way through Longley. We've done some Language Of Persuasion and Argument. We've been doing regular essays. Lies Of Silence is read, not studied. We're eading Panther In The Basement over Christmas. We've watched "Inside I'm Dancing" once. We've done regular comprehensions aswell....

Irish(H);
    We've pretty much finished reading and studying "A Thig Ná Tit Orm". In terms of prose, we've read An Cearrbhach Mac Cába, Coileach Ghleann Phádraig, Lig Sinn i gCathú, Fiche Blian Ag Fás and Clare Sa Spéir, which covers them all. None of them are studied, though. Just read once or twice. In poetry, we've still got Úirchill, Maigdiléana, An tOileán and "Dá mb'fhéidir arís..." left to do. Again, the ones completed aren't known well. Essays are coming on ok, we've covered the environment, changes in society, sport, technology...
    Our comprehension skills are terrible, and we've done no grammar revision from the JC, expected to know it all after TY. No Stair Na Gaeilge finished. Barely touched on oral, barely touched on tape. None of these touched on since 5th year

Maths(H); Horribly unprepared for this. If it was up to me, I'd say we've nothing covered. Technically, we've done; Algebra, Trigonometry, The line, Differentiation, Calculus, Complex Numbers, Matrices

Geography(H); Most of physical geography complete. Regional geography finished. Maps and photographs glanced over. About half way through The Human Environment. Heaps of revision to do for these and we haven't even touched Geoecology or our projects

French(H);
    Heaps of oral done, we spend time in every class taking oral notes, not necessarily speaking though :rolleyes: We're all fairly grand on the comprehensions and abstract topics are fairly covered aswell. Good bit of tape done aswell, again a regular part of class. Written parts (Diary,letter) etc. is again covered fairly well. Verbs need a bit of work...

Physics/Chemistry(H);
    We have basically all of the Physics course completed, few bits to do later on. In Chemistry, we've done Atomic Theory and Stoichiometry

Agricultural Science(H); Horrible, horrible subject and one of my biggest worries. The green Breen/Mullen book is beyond USELESS! We've covered Plant Science, Tillage Crops, Genetics, some Animal Science, some Animal Production..... i.e. NOTHING. Seriously worried about this subject. I've yet to start my project. HAVE to do it over Christmas

Anyone with way more/less covered than this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

English(H);
    We've read King Lear, at the minute we're just revising and doing character profiles. Finished our 3 texts :Dancing At Lughnasa, Circle of Friends and Inside I'm Dancing, and we've done studied all three comparatives: cultural context, vision and viewpoint and literary genre. We're constantly working through papers and get an essay once a fortnight. As for poets, we've finished Yeats, Kavanagh, Rich, Walcott, Longley and Boland.

Irish(H);
    We finished An Triail about a month ago, and did some study on characters, but nothing major. We've read all the prose, but need to study them further. Poetry: We've just got an tOilean and Da mb'fheidir aris dar gcumann to do. We do an essay once every 2-3 weeks. We do listening comprehensions every Friday. At the minute we're working through Stair. As for comprehensons, we've done about three since the start of the year. Terrible.

Maths(H); We're working well. On Integration at the moment. After we're finished it we just have Vectors and a small bit of the Option to do.

Geography(H); Course finished :) We're revising Physical Geography at the moment and just have to work on our projects. Our class was the only class in the school to do the Culture and Identity topic.

German(H);
    We've done most of the listening comprehensions in the exam papers and do a comprehension and a letter every week. Haven't done too much oral work...

Biology(H);
    Just have the Genetics section to do. At the minute we're working through exam papers and take a chapter each week to revise. Have all our mandatory experiments completed.

Home Economics (H); Without a doubt the subject I'm dreading the most. Our teacher went on sick leave at the end of 5th year so we're stuck with one of those teachers who like to take things at their own pace (which is extremely slow) We touched on Social Studies last year but only did a chapter or two. Nearly finished the Elective, and nearly finished Food Studies. Haven't even looked at Resource Management or Consumer Studies yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Healium wrote: »
    Physics/Chemistry(H); We have basically all of the Physics course completed, few bits to do later on. In Chemistry, we've done Atomic Theory and Stoichiometry

Are you doing the Physics and Chemistry combination ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Calum196 wrote: »
    Are you doing the Physics and Chemistry combination ?
    Yeah, its really handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

IRISH HL Course completed, finished revising pass poems and short stories. Have completed all the aurals, doing past mock papers now. Practise oral everyday along with the sliochts. Do 1 essay almost every week. An Triail is read, haven't revised it yet. Stair na Gaeilge nearly finished.

ENGLISH HL Cultural Context - Dancing at Lughnasa, Billy Elliot and The Blackwater Lightship - Done. Have spent a lot of time on paper 1. Poetry wise, we have done Eavan Boland, W.B. Yeats, Adrienne Rich, Michael Longley, John Keats, Patrick Kavanagh. Revised - Eavan Boland.

BIOLOGY HL About 10 chapters left to do, our teacher has started doing revision classes with us so we're moving on and revising.

HOME EC HL A few chapters left to do on the food chapters, currently finishing elective. Revising constantly by doing exam papers. Our teacher made revision cards with us last year so we'd have them for this year, pretty handy.

MATHS OL Should probably worry about this one, I hate maths and tend to daydream in this class!

FRENCH HL Doing loads of topical issues, diaries, letters etc so feeling fairly confident on the written section. Oral class once a week and we have a French student who's there to help us. Aural is fairly okay.

HISTORY HL Up the creek in this subject unfortunately.:(

Ahhh, now I feel like we've nothing done :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Physics: Its more likely that RTE will produce a decent show* than it is that we will finish the physics course:(

DCG Why didnt I pick geography? This project is soul destroying stuff.

Biology Mostly done, nervous system and a plant chapter or 2 left

*This is very unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

English(H) I've done Eavan Boland, Patrick Kavanagh, T.S Eliot and a little bit of Yeats. We did King Lear but don't know how to answer questions on it. We've read a bit of Girl with a pearl earring and all of Dancing at Lughnasa and watched Billy Eliot. I've started to do things myself becasue we're not getting anywhere.

Irish(O) I just dropped last week and did some lettersin class. The courses are pretty different so i've to start looking at the ordinary level and do things that i've missed by myself

Maths(H) Doing pretty well, my teacher knows what she's doing and we do a class of papers every week. I know what i have to revise and i think all we have left to do are the proofs and integration.

French(H) We do oral work every day but have to work more on comprehensions and opinion topics but doing ok.

Geography(H) We have to do our project after the mocks and finish off Ireland and the EU and also global warming.

Business(H) I'm doing most of the work myself, done most of the chapters but we have to do a lot more about the government and EU. A bit worried about it.

Biology(H) Think we are nearly finished the course, doing well in it anyway and we have tests pretty much every week.

I'm pretty far behind in some of them :o but will do a lot myself in the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

English(H): Have Yeats, Kavanagh, Boland & Rich done with at least 2 essays on each except Yeats. For the comparative we have all 3 texts studied and cultural context and general vision and viewpoint done (we're not doing literary genre) with essays done on both. Did loads of comprehensions at the start of the year and did some before the break. We've only done 2 or 3 personal essays and that needs a lot of work. We're currently doing the language of persuasion. We have King Lear studied and we got a character essay for over the holidays. So basically English is almost covered, should be grand for the mocks :)

Irish(H): All the stories and poems done. All the OL poems revised and are revising the stories when we go back to school. Have An Triail done, with loads of revision done on it. We've done a good few comprehensions, but I could still do with some improvement :P We have about 7 essays done and I dunno how many more we'll be doing. We get one every 3 weeks or so. We have more than 15 pieces of Stair done and even though there's a lot, I'm not gonna be learning most of it anyways. We've started to do some oral work and we've been doing listenings every so often.

Maths(O): We've been doing mainly exam questions in this, so I'm not sure if we're ahead or behind. But I can get an A in each of the questions we've been doing (we've been doing a mixture of paper 1 and paper 2 questions)

Business(H): Doing fine in this. At the end of 5th year we were about 2 chapters ahead of his target. We only have a unit and a half left, and I reckon the course will be finished by March :)

French(H): Have all of our oral work done with a mock oral done too which went fine. We've done plenty of comprehensions but they're never really done completely cause he just moves on. We've done plenty of written pieces, but he never gives us grammar to help us, so he just expects us to be able to do it, and I'm not gonna be able to just do stuff off the top of my head in the exam.

Biology: I feel like we're moving along fine in this. We still have more than 10 chapters to go, but we've got the big chapters done and I actually understand it cause it hasn't been rushed through. Not to worried about getting it all done, should be done soon enough :)

History: We've started the fourth and last book, but I, along with my whole class are horribly unprepared for this. He goes through the book slowly but when he reads through it he skips LOADS of it but it still takes him 2 classes to get through half a chapter :mad: No revision done cause its kinda impossible and he hasn't even tried to motivate us to do some ourselves. Told us to have the first draft of our special topic done by Christmas, didn't remind us, and even forgot about it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

English(H): Adrienne Rich and Derek Walcott done. All characters in King Lear done , themes still to do. Cultural context and general vision and viewpoint done. We've done a few comprehensions and get essays every week.

Irish(H): Dá m'bfhedir (sp?) and an mháthair still to do. All poems and prós done. Loads of listening/oral/comprehensions regularly. Peig done as well. We could do a bit more on stair i suppose.

Maths(H): Binomial theorem, sequences and series and probability still to do.

French(H): We've loads of oral and listening done. Have to do a few more topics for written.

Biology(H): 7 chapters in unit 3 left.

Chemistry(H): Almost all of organic done, and everything up to rates of reactions. About 6ish chapters left.

Accounting(H): Depreciation, revaluation, control, cash flow, service, farm, club, tabs, published,half of interpretation, incomplete and about half of management done.

Applied Maths(H): Collisions, uniform accelerated motion and projectiles done. Doing the course in one year.

Of course that's what we have done in class, what i know is another story, ahem :o

Feeling really far behind, now....

• Advertisement

You're probably being too hard on yourself, you'll be suprised how much you know when it comes to the mocks. :)

I hope so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

English(H): Kavannagh, Yeats, Boland. We have single text dancing at lughnasa, our comparative- king lear,Truman show, Lies of silence- literary genre, G.V+Viewpoint. We did only a few Qs last from paper, we're now working on paper one.

Irish(O): We have the course done, we're working through the exam papers but haven't practise much oral work.

MATHS OL: Have about 4/3 chapters left

Geography(H); physical done,regional done,maps and photos done,we're working on the human environment and our project, so we have just to do after is geoecology.

German(H); Have a lot of oral work done, we do a comprehension once a week, have vocab test everyday, we do a good bit of tape work, and working on the letters etc..now

HISTORY HL: Have 3 documents finished, democracy and dictatorship is done and also our irish history section, we have done a few exam questions

BIOLOGY HL:Have all the food/eco system stuff done, have about half of the cell chapters done and half of the organism chapters done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

English:
    We have King Lear studied for our single text, about four people in my class understand it, but its done! We have all our comparatives (Billy Elliot, Panther in the Basement, and Dancing at Lughnasa), now we're just learning to compare them under Cultural Context, Vision and Viewpoint, and Literary Genre(anyone willing to give me an explanation of what Literary Genre is, is more than welcome), and as for poets, we've done Boland, Rich, Yeats and Kavanagh. We've done little bits of creative writing etc., but not much.

Irish:
    We spend that whole class making sexual innuendos.

Maths:
    Whole course is finished, now its revision and exam papers.

Spanish:
    Have the first two roleplays done, and have La Adventura De Said read and studied, mostly working from exam papers now.

Business:
    Don't even go there. My teacher doesnt think we're gonna be finished the course by May, and she's dead serious, and for once in her teaching career, probably right. We've units 1 and 2 done and finished. We've parts of units 3, 4 and 5 done, and were currently doing unit 7. Its official, we have no hope.

Biology:
    We've alot done, but were not finished, but apparently were going good. Great teacher to be honest, and really motivates us to do well. If we pass, we get chocolate :o

Classics:
    Finished the course earlier on in the year, just really had Alexander to do when we came back, so now its all revision, still havent a clue though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

yenoBAYUB wrote: »
    English:
    We have King Lear studied for our single text, about four people in my class understand it, but its done! We have all our comparatives (Billy Elliot, Panther in the Basement, and Dancing at Lughnasa), now we're just learning to compare them under Cultural Context, Vision and Viewpoint, and Literary Genre(anyone willing to give me an explanation of what Literary Genre is, is more than welcome), and as for poets, we've done Boland, Rich, Yeats and Kavanagh. We've done little bits of creative writing etc., but not much.
    Pretty simple really. It's just the literary tools/technques of the writer of the novel e.g. metaphor, use of pathetic fallacy, simile. So you compare and contrast what each writer uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

theowen wrote: »
    Pretty simple really. It's just the literary tools/technques of the writer of the novel e.g. metaphor, use of pathetic fallacy, simile. So you compare and contrast what each writer uses.

cheers big ears:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Mary007 wrote: »
    HISTORY HL Up the creek in this subject unfortunately.:(
    what do you mean?

coldwood92 wrote: »
    what do you mean?

I mean our teacher is out regularly - with football and other school activities. Between this year and last we have only done 4 essays. We don't know how to do the document question and we haven't got exam papers. He told us to get them if we wanted them. Fair enough, you should be working on your own but a little direction would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Healium wrote: »
    Agricultural Science(H); Horrible, horrible subject and one of my biggest worries. The green Breen/Mullen book is beyond USELESS! We've covered Plant Science, Tillage Crops, Genetics, some Animal Science, some Animal Production..... i.e. NOTHING. Seriously worried about this subject. I've yet to start my project. HAVE to do it over Christmas

Hey get the Rapid Revision written by Elain Connoly...Everyone agree's that the books are a complete waste.In 5th year I had the person who wrote the rapid revision((Diffrent person this year though)).It covers every exam question that came up in the last 10 years and tis really handy,Made the subject really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

ENGLISH(H): Getting quality notes in grinds. You can waffle your way to a C1 in the mocks. Hopefully a B1/B2 in the LC

IRISH(H): We've gotten most things covered but its a question of learning it all. Could be difficult...

FRENCH: This I worry about. I'm very unprepared for the oral, and unprepared in general. Would settle for a D1 in the LC.

MATHS (O): I'm terrible at maths, but hopefully I'll get a C.

BIOLOGY: I have a good teacher. Pass the mocks and aim for a B3 in the LC

RELIGION: Essays are basically the same every year. Very crammable subject. Should get an A.

HISTORY: My favourite subject. Project is pretty much sorted and confident it'll get full marks. I expect another A for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Mary007 wrote: »
    I mean our teacher is out regularly - with football and other school activities. Between this year and last we have only done 4 essays. We don't know how to do the document question and we haven't got exam papers. He told us to get them if we wanted them. Fair enough, you should be working on your own but a little direction would be nice.
    Nasty. You really are up the creek. We do an essay every week.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Nasty. You really are up the creek. We do an essay every week.

Thanks, feel way better now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Irish (H) Finished the poetry..needs to be revised!! Finished the Pros - also should be revised, have done a bit of Oral and Tape Work.. tape is terrible though, comprehensions we have done a good few, essays have not been done in awhile!! We are finished An Triail... however it just took me a good few minutes to think of the name of the book! thats bad! I need a C3 in Irish and im just about passing at the moment.. our teacher has left and we have a sub in and well.. we dont do much really!! We have yet to do Stair na Gaeilge.. word on the street is that its a fairly ok part of the course though!!

English (H) Finished all the poets, Finished King Lear with study done on Lear himself and changes on Lear but that is it, Lies Of Silence is finished - not much study on it, Il Postino is done and studied, The Playboy of The Western World is done but not finished studied. We are doing General Vision and Viewpoint at the moment, we have done about 2essays :O, I dont think we have done any comprehensions.

Maths (O) We have covered a good few questions... We need to start the options though. Lots of revision is need for me I think!

French (H at the moment!) Little tape done, loads of oral work, loads of comprehensions, we are doing letters at the moment, and those other questions.. we are useless at them. There is 5 people in my class doing higher level.. I think it may be 4 soon though!! Bits of the document are done.. Im doing mine on all the concerts I went to during the Summer!

Geography (H) Love Geography!! <3 We have a bit left on both regional and physical, We have done some of the aerial photos and ordnance survey which I love! <3 we havnt done any geoecology or our project.

Music (H) The Beatles is finished, as is Berlioz, Mozart we need to finish the 3rd movement, We are doing seachanges at the moment, we have done no practicle or technology, we have done some backing chords and 2 lines of the melody writing. Irish music is finished mostly.. just a few essays to cover.

Art(H) Doing a project at the moment, we are tipping away at both life drawing and still life. Art History.. we have done the Impressionists and we are on Irish Art now. We went to the Glucksman during the year so thats some the apprication done!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

English (H): Covered all of the comparative study texts (Lies Of Silence, Dancing At Lughnasa, Truman Show/Il Postino) and given really good notes for the texts too. Poetry covered: Michael Longley, Patrick Kavanagh, Adrienne Rich, W.B. Yeats, Derek Walcott, John Keats (was looked over but not completed). King Lear finished but class seems to not grasp it. Currently working on Paper 1.
    Irish (O): I don't think I should be worried about this. We finished all the Prós and Finíocht in fifth year and know all the notes in the Fuinneamh book all by heart. Litir and Scéal are grand only I need to revise my vocabulary. We spent a lot of the first term practising reading comprehensions and listening.
    Maths (H): Course mostly covered except we skipped the Binomial/Induction and Statistics chapters. Once we get them covered it's all revision from there on. (Also doing grinds in the Institute of Education which are brilliant for revision)
    German (H): The main topics are covered but we got a new teacher in sixth year so we had to start afresh. Currently working through the Oral exam.
    Geography (H): Finished all the core units and Elective Unit 4. All that's left now is Optional Unit 7 then it's all gravy. Only I'm very stuck on the Project write-up. My class did a mock Project in fifth year but I forgot everything about it.
    Physics (H): We are nearly finished the Electricity section of the book. All that's left now is Modern Physics and covering some chapters that were skipped. (Also grinds. Perfect)
    Technology (H): I'm after realising that I have absolutely no work done for the project. We're starting the actual thing when we come back from Christmas holidays and I have no idea what to do about it. Theory-wise I'm sorted.
    Applied Maths (H): I joined that class late. I consider myself decent enough at Applied Maths but I just need to study over the first few chapters. We're just working on applied Differential Equations right now.

Another subject I'm thinking of doing an exam in is Russian. I look over a few boks that I have and I attempt to read Russian literature. I'm fluent in the language but my grammatical abilities are weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

English(H): We've got our comparative done(Girl With A Pearl Earring, Sive, Casablanca), Vision and Viewpoint and literary genre. In poetry we've got T.S Elliot, Yeats, Boland done and we just started Kavanagh. We did King Lear last year and we do a essay on it every week. We just started on Paper 1 in November, doing the different kinds of writing. We've got persuasion and argument done.

Maths(H): We've got Trig, Differentiation, Integration, The Line, Co-ordinate G, Circle, and I really don't know what else. I'm dropping to pass this week so I can't forget all that stuff.

Irish(O): Since last year we've done all the poetry and stories, and we're going over them again this year. We do 1 comprehension a week and some tape every week and start a new topic for our oral every week.

Biology(H): We did the entire pass course last year and this year its the higher course. So far we've done 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.2. 1.4, , 3.4, 3.1 and a few others I can't remember and all the exam questions for them.

German(O): We've done all the picturestories and 2 roleplays but I'm doing a project instead of the pictures. We've done a load of vocab and word orders and such. Set for the oral, our teacher gave us out cards for the general talk with blanks that we filled in and just learn them, they're really easy. Do alot of comprehensions as well.

Economics(H): We've done nearly all the SQ's in the exam papers and we've learned them off. Done FOP, Consumer, Supply and Demand, Costs Revenues and Profit, Done all the markets, population, Circular Flow of Income, International Trade, Inflation, Elasticity, Economic Dev. All that was done last year and now we're going over it again this year.

Home Ec(H): We are so far behind, I think. We spent every class at the start of the year doing the Journal and did very little else. I had mine done from 5th year so we got that time to write it up and wait. We've done the family, we got a handout on general things, like rickets and CHD and things like that, and food boards and HACCP and such. We've done some vit's, and started the proteins. We've got sooo much left to do, well according to our teacher.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Ruski wrote: »
    English (H): Covered all of the comparative study texts (Lies Of Silence, Dancing At Lughnasa, Truman Show/Il Postino) and given really good notes for the texts too. Poetry covered: Michael Longley, Patrick Kavanagh, Adrienne Rich, W.B. Yeats, Derek Walcott, John Keats (was looked over but not completed). King Lear finished but class seems to not grasp it. Currently working on Paper 1.
    Irish (O): I don't think I should be worried about this. We finished all the Prós and Finíocht in fifth year and know all the notes in the Fuinneamh book all by heart. Litir and Scéal are grand only I need to revise my vocabulary. We spent a lot of the first term practising reading comprehensions and listening.
    Maths (H): Course mostly covered except we skipped the Binomial/Induction and Statistics chapters. Once we get them covered it's all revision from there on. (Also doing grinds in the Institute of Education which are brilliant for revision)
    German (H): The main topics are covered but we got a new teacher in sixth year so we had to start afresh. Currently working through the Oral exam.
    Geography (H): Finished all the core units and Elective Unit 4. All that's left now is Optional Unit 7 then it's all gravy. Only I'm very stuck on the Project write-up. My class did a mock Project in fifth year but I forgot everything about it.
    Physics (H): We are nearly finished the Electricity section of the book. All that's left now is Modern Physics and covering some chapters that were skipped. (Also grinds. Perfect)
    Technology (H): I'm after realising that I have absolutely no work done for the project. We're starting the actual thing when we come back from Christmas holidays and I have no idea what to do about it. Theory-wise I'm sorted.
    Applied Maths (H): I joined that class late. I consider myself decent enough at Applied Maths but I just need to study over the first few chapters. We're just working on applied Differential Equations right now.

Another subject I'm thinking of doing an exam in is Russian. I look over a few boks that I have and I attempt to read Russian literature. I'm fluent in the language but my grammatical abilities are weak.

do yee use the book for technology.........
    Im lost altoghther in the theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Daragh101 wrote: »
    do yee use the book for technology.........
    Im lost altoghther in the theory.
    Yeah, we use a book by Gráinne Enright. It's a light blue book by the same author as the Junior Cert book.

Our teacher also gave us notes for the Option questions from this website: http://www.t4.ie/

The theory is not much different, but a lot more in-depth and more obscure than the Junior Cert course. I suggest downloading last year's exam and marking scheme.

If you do Physics, it helps out a lot since a lot of the electronics section is on the course. Also there is a part which involves mechanics and trigonometric methods.

I hope this helped.

Advertisement