Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIT OpenCourseWare

Options
  • 28-12-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭

Here is a site which has tons of information on MIT courses, including assignments they gave, lectures notes they handed out and stuff.

It's split into modules which are generally independent of each other, so for example you don't need to follow them in a linear pattern if you just want to know about a certain aspect of the course (but of course they may assume knowledge of previous parts).

Some of the modules even have full videos of the lectures, for example here is lecture one of the "Introduction to Computer Science and Programming" module of the "Electronic Engineering and Computer Science" course (I chose this because I happen to be watching it at the moment).

Seems like a very appropriate place for this forum, as it basically gives a University level education of a wide variety of subjects (Unfortunately some modules and courses are covered a lot better than others).

EDIT: The link to the MIT youtube account is listed in the links sticky but the site itself isn't mentioned, so people might overlook the other resources available and I'll keep this here unless a Mod decides it doesn't belong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thanks, that site is a godsend for free information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

It's a wonderful site. Doubly given that MIT is one of the top universities in the US (if not the world), and it would cost ya about 30000+ USD a year to go there to get these lectures in person ;)

Advertisement