Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest DS flash card?

Options
  • 28-12-2009 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I'm just wondering where would you be able to find a DS flash card and a sd card for under 20€ (including shipping to Ireland) I have looked at many sites but Im confused at which one to buy :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Cheapest place is DealXtreme or DX as it's known. Be warned not to expect fast delivery or even normal delivery - it's slow. Their gear comes from China and with the Chinese new year coming soon you could be waiting a while for the card to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Cheapest place is DealXtreme or DX as it's known. Be warned not to expect fast delivery or even normal delivery - it's slow. Their gear comes from China and with the Chinese new year coming soon you could be waiting a while for the card to come.
    Thanks for the reply :) I was looking at the deal extreme website and found this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30521 seems good and it has dsi support. Are the cards from Deal extreme genuine and how long would delivery take?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply :) I was looking at the deal extreme website and found this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30521 seems good and it has dsi support. Are the cards from Deal extreme genuine and how long would delivery take?

Most DX gear is genuine, but there are the odd cases of cloned cards being sold. Not that it matters as long as they function the same way :)

I prefer the Acekard 2i myself with the AKAIO firmware.

Delivery is roughly 7-10 days, but it's not delivery that's the problem it's getting the damn thing shipped. DX doesn't have 'real time' stock info, and though it says they have stock now, a week after your order when you've no Item Shipped notification you could go back to find it's "out of stock" :D

Rule of thumb is to only order what DX reports as in stock, even then you might get unlucky.

I remember I ordered an AceKard 2 last January and by March I hadn't got it. Now in fairness it was a shortage of the card, new year in China and a combination of different things, still enough to p*ss me off. Plenty of other times I've been surprised at how quick the items arrived. Luck of the draw, but your best option if you want the DS card and SD card for under 20 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

http://www.ndscardmart.co.uk/index.php

I've purchased R4 cards from this shop - cheap price and delivered within 5 to 10 working days.

Advertisement