Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you advise a Wexford to Castlebar journey

Options
  • 28-12-2009 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Just wondering am I mad to even think about doing this tomorrow and I need to come back home to Wexford (the Arklow side) again on the same day or first thing the following morning?. Will I or won't I???.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Just wondering am I mad to even think about doing this tomorrow and I need to come back home to Wexford (the Arklow side) again on the same day or first thing the following morning?. Will I or won't I???.

thanks in advance.

main roads should be treated but just be careful of any sheltered spots.
    i wouldn't return on the same day though for two reasons: tiredness and driving a long journey at night with icy conditions along the route is very dangerous because you'll likely want to drive faster than the conditions merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Would you advise a Wexford to Castlebar journey
    Just wondering am I mad to even think about doing this tomorrow
    Yes you are ,Castlebar sucks! :P
    Go to galway instead

lol only joking
    On the weatherside as nacho said main roads should be ok , just be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

There is freezing fog throughout midlands, some of which will remain all day.
    Keep an eye on http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/

The general advice at moment is do not make unneccessary journeys.
    There issues with some of the main roads in the west and I've family who were due to travel from Castlebar to Dublin on boxing day and conditions was brutal in Castlebar area and they stayed put. I doubt they've improved much

Personally, I'd take the train, but it wouldn't surprise me if train is booked out considering the conditions.

Also I've heard of CC running out of salt...don't know if this is true and I assume measures would be taken to try get salt to all N routes, possibly a dangerous assumption!

Advertisement