Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Politics of Terrorism, or Civilians vs. Civilians

Options
  • 28-12-2009 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I suppose the re-surfacing of yet another terror plot in the US to blow up an airplane sent me here. Its just timing again and the media spew the continuous lies about the incident. The "terrorists" couldn't let us go into the new decade free of its memories. Now we are to be made fear the people we share aircraft with more because of this.

Who are the politicians fighting? Or who do they want the people to fight or fear?

Is it the terrorists? Unlikely. The most technologically advanced military in the world cant beat a few cavemen with small arms in Afghanistan.

Are politicians in their attempts to make a world a safer place, actually creating a more dangerous place? They are certainly creating fear, to what will this end? They do not seem to be doing a good job of creating a peaceful world by keeping their people in fear of each other.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

newklear wrote: »
    I suppose the re-surfacing of yet another terror plot in the US to blow up an airplane sent me here. Its just timing again and the media spew the continuous lies about the incident. The "terrorists" couldn't let us go into the new decade free of its memories. Now we are to be made fear the people we share aircraft with more because of this.

Who are the politicians fighting? Or who do they want the people to fight or fear?

Is it the terrorists? Unlikely. The most technologically advanced military in the world cant beat a few cavemen with small arms in Afghanistan.

Are politicians in their attempts to make a world a safer place, actually creating a more dangerous place? They are certainly creating fear, to what will this end? They do not seem to be doing a good job of creating a peaceful world by keeping their people in fear of each other.

Clearly thats not their aim. Conducting wars in the name of peace is very rarely what it seems (WW2 being the obvious example). Creating fear and an impulse towards further self-seclusion within one's imagined shell of a self is the most powerful weapon against a solidarity between the sufferers of a society which may serve to undermine their continued opression and exploitation by those who profit from it.

Here I betray my recent reading material. See this

Advertisement