Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use my eircom netopia router in another house

• 28-12-2009 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have eircom wireless internet in my own house, through the phone line.
    Next week, I am leaving dublin, going to a house in Clonakilty without broadband. I will need broadband for work, otherwise I can't go.
    Is it possible to just take the router with me to the second house, plug it into their eircom landline and get the internet that way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

eh NO if only it was that easy.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No, the line in clonakilty would not have an active dsl connection, and the authentication would fail.

You could try a usb modem, from vodafone, o2, three, or meteor that will give you some form of internet, depending on location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

MarkR wrote: »
    No, the line in clonakilty would not have an active dsl connection, and the authentication would fail.

You could try a usb modem, from vodafone, o2, three, or meteor that will give you some form of internet, depending on location.

eircom do one too so ya could ask them bout that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

xxlilyxx wrote: »
    eircom do one too so ya could ask them bout that

they do but its just meteor's rebranded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

they do but its just meteor's rebranded

And highly unlikely to be 3G in Clonakilty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement