Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dwight Yorke : Born To Score

• 28-12-2009 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Any of you lot on the Soccer Forum read this then?

I've just finished reading it tonight as I was interested in what he had to say about Keane and Sunderland, a very good read IMO.

I also have to say I've gained much respect for Alex Ferguson after reading the book, I may not agree with how he conducts himself in the heat of battle, or his moaning, whinging ways, but one thing's for sure, as Dwight says in the book "If you give your all for Alex Ferguson, he will give his all for you.

Some very insightful things about the goings on at Sunderland, most of which was common knowledge to the Sunderland fans, but a decent read about them to anyone else not associated with Sunderland all the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

"Born to Score." He certainly was in every sense of the word.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

flahavaj wrote: »
    "Born to Score." He certainly was in every sense of the word.:pac:

That's for sure mate :D

Some of the stories he tells about the women he was with are unreal, no wonder the man had the fitness to play Premier League football until the age of 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

a friend read it and recommended to me
    i read extracts about what he said about Roy and wasnt pleased but still i got it (Roy burnt his bridges with me after his recent bitterness)

I havent read it yet

BUT i did meet the man himself, got a pic and an autograph

a very nice guy I have to say (kinda surprise me tbh)

Headshot wrote: »
    a friend read it and recommended to me
    i read extracts about what he said about Roy and wasnt pleased but still i got it (Roy burnt his bridges with me after his recent bitterness)

I havent read it yet

BUT i did meet the man himself, got a pic and an autograph

a very nice guy I have to say (kinda surprise me tbh)

You should get round to reading it mate, I reckon you would enjoy it. There's also some interesting comments and an interesting story about Graham Souness in there also.

That's class that you met him like, where did you meet him?

It's funny how the media portray him as some sort complete twat when actually anyone that takes the time to speak to him always comes to one conclusion - that he's actually a decent bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

We were all born to score....

its just some of us do it better than others

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

It's funny how the media portray him as some sort complete twat when actually anyone that takes the time to speak to him always comes to one conclusion - that he's actually a decent bloke.

I would wager most modern soccer players are. The media like to give 'em a hard time cos they are an easy target.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    We were all born to score....

its just some of us do it better than others

And Dwight certainly did it better than most others :p

Advertisement