Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB device not recognised

• 28-12-2009 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I already posted this in the electronics part of the boards however it turns out that it is just not the ipod device which prompts this error recognised but all USB devices. However after trying for a year and a half to get it working for a brief moment this evening i got my ipod working and the computer recognised it, straight after i downloaded ITUNES9. However when I plugged it out(safely) and put it back in about 15 minutes later the 'NOT RECOGNISED' error message came up.

Would anyone have any idea what to do? Keep in mind it worked at about 9.30 just after I downloaded the new Itunes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

If you find out, can you let me know? I have the exact same problem. It happens to every USB thing i have, ipod, phone, card readers. It can be fine for a while and the computer can recognise it but out of nowhere i can get, usb device not recognised.

I can imagine its something to do with the computer/laptop itself cause i don't have the problem using the USBs on the notebook card. So that's something you can get if you have a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

I have found that usb ports tend to be a bit problematic, they can short circuit and create a fault.

Have you tied other USB ports and does the same issue occur ??

If it,s the usb port get an adaptor which converts one of the other connections into a usb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I constantly have this problem when plugging new USB devices into my PC for the first time .. The Windows plug and play automatic driver search does not work anymore. When I plug new device into my PC (Dell 2300 running on Windows XP), windows will pop Found New Hardware Wizard, when I choose Install the software automatically, windows can't find driver for it, so to solve the problem, I have to pick Install from specific location, and I point it to C:\Windows\inf.

Works most of the time , but it's a pain in the arse. I think it's Registry related but I'm not techie enough to try and fix it permanently ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm getting this error with my external hard drive and a friends media box, too. Quite annoying.

Advertisement