Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dyson hoover in the sales?

Options
  • 28-12-2009 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    looking at getting a dyson hoover in the sales, im based in dublin (15) any sugestions on the best place to get a bargain?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

DC29 - €150 in Power City, DID and Harvey Norman according to this thread.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

harvey norman had the 149 version yesterday but sold out by the time i got there..I got the allergy version for 169. Still a good deal for a dyson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I have never rated Dyson...if you ever get a chance to test a Miele - I have an older version of this Cat & Dog one

http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/Product/S5261MIELE%20VACUUM%20CLEANER/16940/438

If you have pets, its the bees knees.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone know of any offers on Dyson Vacuum Cleaners at the moment or upcoming?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anyone know of any offers on Dyson Vacuum Cleaners at the moment or upcoming?

Is their a certain model your after?

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Is their a certain model your after?

Hi Davy, thanks for the reply.

No, not really. Problem is I have tenants who have broken, destroyed or refuse to use (leading to me having to replace) 3 vacuum cleaners in the last 18months - it's a constant battle with them on this front and I just want to "shut them up". We have a Dyson at home and the missus swears by it (I to my shame have never used it) so I just want to get one for the apartment and rest in peace thereafter.

I rang the usual suspects today - Arnotts, DID, Harvey Norman, Expert and they're all quoting Eur229 for the DC29 which seems to be the entry-level model. Any help appreciated!

If they managed to brake 3, do you really want to spend roughly €200 on a dyson, and they brake it a few months down the road?

I can write some of the cost off my tax so that isn't my primary concern - getting them to stop annoying me on this is, if that makes sense? In fairness, the other 3 were really 2 as I was able to bring one back to the retailer, which was genuinely faulty.

I just want to remove their excuses and have a peaceful life! They'll be gone in 6 months.........

So far I've gotten:

the carpet is too thick to hoover (!)
    the hoover has no suction
    the hoover is useless
    the hoover doesn't work - when I go over it does of course.

:D

I see your point.

You can get it a little cheaper from powercity if you order online here, but i would check out some of the other vacuum cleaners first. Most would have a 2 year warranty.

Thanks Davy,

Sorry, meant to hit reply and not thanks there.

Thanks for the heads up and the link, think I'l just go with that - every little helps as some big UK retailer always say (annoying).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Based on recommendations, including the latest Which magazine (which rates it as the best hoover on all floor surfaces), I went the Miele Cat and Dog TT5000 Vacuum Cleaner S5261. You can get it from electricshopping.ie for €230, which is the best price I could find.

P.

Advertisement