Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South County Business Park

• 28-12-2009 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

i just got work placement in south county business park and im trying to find the best way to commute there. im living in maynooth and hav to use public transport :( any idea wat the best way wud be???:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

The luas to Sandyford would be the best option and quickest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Either bus or train to the city centre and then Luas to Sandyford - it isn't being extended until the end of the year.

Bus 5, 11, 46b, 116, 118 to Sandyford - all very weak services.

Any bus to Donnybrook and then a 47.

A 7b/d, 46a/c/d/e/x, 84, 145 or 746 to the N11 and walk up.

Or train to Blackrock and bus 114 to Sandyford, but the bus tends to be busy and fickle. Or a train to Dun Laoghaire and the 75.

You employer may have a private bus service from the city centre - certainly some employers do.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

When I worked there I found by far the most reliable way was to go to the city centre and get the LUAS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I know you say public transport is your only option.
    But I would weigh all the advise up against getting yourself a cheap car.

I work in that business park and depending on what building you work in it can be a long walk to the luas and a tricky one as the large Leopardstown road roundabout can be tricky for pedestrians.

It can take me 15 to 20 mins just to get to the Luas.
    luas then is 25 mins to the st stephens green.
    then up to the maynooth line & home.

Busses arent great in the area.
    So my recommendation is that unless there is a very good reason you cant drive.... then drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

I know you say public transport is your only option.
    But I would weigh all the advise up against getting yourself a cheap car.

I work in that business park and depending on what building you work in it can be a long walk to the luas and a tricky one as the large Leopardstown road roundabout can be tricky for pedestrians.

It can take me 15 to 20 mins just to get to the Luas.
    luas then is 25 mins to the st stephens green.
    then up to the maynooth line & home.

Busses arent great in the area.
    So my recommendation is that unless there is a very good reason you cant drive.... then drive!

+1 I work there and when I don't bring the car it can take me 5 or 6 times the amount of time to get home

• Advertisement
Advertisement