Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best hotel in Athlone?

Options
  • 28-12-2009 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend which, of the following, they would regard as the best hotel to choose;

- Sheraton
    - Radisson
    - Athlone Springs

All of the hotels are giving me a similar price for when I want to stay for the night, so I was just wondering if anyone had opinions of the above?

Thanks in advance for the replies! :)

Cul
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Depends on what your in Athlone for. The Springs is a good bit out of town so if your planning on going out for the night I wouldnt stay there. Both the Sheraton and Radisson are very short walking distance from pubs, clubs and restaurants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sheraton, Radisson and the The Prince are all very central and new buildings with really nice rooms.

Food wise, he Sheraton win, but not by much, and it's nothing to get excited about either.

I'd pick the cheapest of those 3 and then eat out if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Sheraton Hands down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭jamesd

Id pick Sheraton too, Stayed there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I tend to stay at the radisson. I like the service, food and the rooms there.

There Sheraton I find a bit too formal... and the food only adequate.... and I've gotten lost trying to find my room in the past.

The Hudson Bay is too far outside the town and I don't rate it.

I haven't stayed anywere else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Shamrock Lodge would be better than all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tweenas

I have stayed in both the Sheratona and the Radisson and the Sheraton wins hands down. Lovely rooms great spa and nice pool. Hopes this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Athlone Springs is fine but if you're in Athlone for a night out or something then it's not as convenient as the other 2 which are in the town centre whereas the Springs is a few miles outside the town.

Can't tell you much about the other 2 tbh, heard the Sheraton is the better of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Super King Size beds in the Prince of Wales are great, pub downstairs, pity you have to queue with everybody else though if you want to go to Karma. The noise can be a bit much though if you're staying over the pub/club

Advertisement